vs. ATHLETICS, 8/05

OFFNY

I guess winning one out of three should have been expected given our history here. Disgusting.

Do we ever win series in this place? It doesn't matter how many no name scrubs the As have on their team, they will always take care of us without much trouble. I have to see what our record is here over the last 20 years but the winning percentage might be around .300.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team is just underachieving badly. If their pitching well they cant hit' date=' if their hitting well they can't pitch.[/quote']

No one wants to hear me say it again, but we should have been sellers. We had a chance to set ourselves up nicely for the near future. Retool, not rebuild. This team has been inconsistent all year and there was no reason to believe it was going to suddenly become consistently good. Instead we sent away one of of our penitential cheap nuggets for a two-month rental who will probably sign with another AL East team this offseason and come back to bite us next year.

No one wants to hear me say it again, but we should have been sellers. We had a chance to set ourselves up nicely for the near future. Retool, not rebuild. This team has been inconsistent all year and there was no reason to believe it was going to suddenly become consistently good. Instead we sent away one of of our penitential cheap nuggets for a two-month rental who will probably sign with another AL East team this offseason and come back to bite us next year.

Yep...

I agree with this entirely.I thought this team had probably already given away too many games they should have won in the 1st half. Given the farm system and all the FA I think a retool was the best way to go but now since were didn't do that I just want them to win.

If Chen can hold them at 3 then they should have a good chance to win. The problem is that the offense has now been completely terrible in 3 of the last 4 games. They need to step it up.

If only they had the bats to out slug the juggernaut that is the Oakland A's

Archived