• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have a good thread started on this in the minor league section (not sure why it is in the minor league section actually...)

Mods: can we merge? Good discussion topic I think:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/149670-September-Call-Ups

Some folks only look here, and your link is helpful. Since the MLB roster is expanded in just a few days, I will permit the duality.

I was going to make a new thread but I guess I will post my information here.

The AAA and AA seasons end September 7th, with both teams in contention. The 1st round of AAA playoffs are the 8-12th, the 2nd round the 14th-18th, and the championship begins the 22nd. Didn't look up AA but assume similar things.

In 2014, the Orioles 40 man roster was at 38 on August 30th after the outrighting of Yoon and Phelps to AAA. DeAza and Johnson were both added on the 31st, with the subtraction of Jemile Weeks going to Boston. On September 1st, Gausman, TJM, and Meek were recalled from AAA, while Joe Saunders had his contract purchased, bring the 40 man to 40 and the active to 31. On September 2nd, Webb and Clevenger were recalled, while QBerry was added and Machado sent to 60 Day DL. That brought the active roster to 34. There were no more changes until 9/12, when Chris Davis was suspended, dropping the numbers to 39 and 33. Christian Walker was added on 9/17 to bring the numbers back to 40 and 34. And finally, Alexi Casilla was added on 9/27, taking the 40 man spot of Preston Guilmet. Bringing the final roster number to 35. SEVEN players on the 40 man roster were not called up in September: Guilmet, Bundy, Urrutia, Ohlman, Lombardozzi, SJohnson, and Tim Berry.

9/1 - 31 active

9/2 - 34 active

9/12 - 33 active

9/17 - 34 active

9/27 - 35 active

As for 2015, we already have our 3rd catcher on the roster so I doubt anyone else is added, especially since the only decent ones are disabled at the moment. Chaz Roe will likely be brought off the DL on 8/27 when first eligible, with TJM or Givens going down for 4 days. So on 9/1, or about, you can expect Pearce, TJM, Wright, and probably Cabral or Drake. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Janish up.

The 40 man is currently at 38 with several candidates to be DFA or 60 Day DLed to create space.

Just a bump since I like discussing these kinds of logistics.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Going back to your previous post, if Givens or TJM goes down on the 27th, the 10 day waiting period doesn't apply because of the roster expansion? Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going back to your previous post, if Givens or TJM goes down on the 27th, the 10 day waiting period doesn't apply because of the roster expansion? Is that correct?

They would get sent to Aberdeen or GCL, somewhere where the season is done by 9/1. If it were to Norfolk they would have to wait the 10 days but if the league ends a player can be resummoned before 10 days is up.

They would get sent to Aberdeen or GCL, somewhere where the season is done by 9/1. If it were to Norfolk they would have to wait the 10 days but if the league ends a player can be resummoned before 10 days is up.

Got it. Cool.. I guess they could also hold back Roe a few days too.

I'd like to see Cabral and Rondon up too.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> Sept. callups, they only have 38 on 40-man roster, so can easily add 2 non-roster players. Plus Buck said easy to make room</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">August 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> Sept. callups, they only have 38 on 40-man roster, so can easily add 2 non-roster players. Plus Buck said easy to make room</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Here we go.....buckle up kiddies

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> Sept. callups, they only have 38 on 40-man roster, so can easily add 2 non-roster players. Plus Buck said easy to make room</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Gamboa DFA. Berry DFA or 60 Day DL. Bundy to 60 Day.

Archived