I'd love to see Trey Mancini added and called up. I don't know how he fits except for an extra bat on the bench, but does it even matter at this point? He's a hot hotter ever since he got called up to Bowie and hasn't cooled off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to see Trey Mancini added and called up. I don't know how he fits except for an extra bat on the bench, but does it even matter at this point? He's a hot hotter ever since he got called up to Bowie and hasn't cooled off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I would like to see the kid get some AB's in September even if only to lay some eyes on him vs major league pitching.

I don't see Walker as a solution at this point, Mancini however is intriguing. I would like to see him at some point

Honestly, I would like to see the kid get some AB's in September even if only to lay some eyes on him vs major league pitching.

I don't see Walker as a solution at this point, Mancini however is intriguing. I would like to see him at some point

I could see either Walker or Reimold (if he passed through waivers) added to platoon with Clevenger at DH.

They might promote Mancini and push Davis to the outfield.

Probably Roe, Drake, Cabral and Miranda on the 1st so the O's starters can be shorten up. Then bring up Wright and Wilson whenever they are ready. Rondon comes back if he is optioned to get Clevenger on the roster.

A lot depends on how many games the O's are out for the Wild Card by September 1st.

I haven't heard Yaz's name mentioned much the last few weeks. Is that strange, or is he hurt or something? (BTW if he ever makes it to the bigs he will need his own nickname, not just a recycling of his grandfather's).

Trzem? :scratchchinhmm:

No. And he ended up on the DL.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thanks

I haven't heard Yaz's name mentioned much the last few weeks. Is that strange, or is he hurt or something? (BTW if he ever makes it to the bigs he will need his own nickname, not just a recycling of his grandfather's).

I hope he makes it, to me, he carries himself like a big league player on the field, he hustles, has good baseball instincts.

Maybe the best thing about essentially being out of the race (if they'll admit it, anyway) will be seeing what Mancini can do against ML pitching - whether he plays 1st base or DH or a combo of the 2. If he can get 100 plate appearances, that should go a ways to tell whether or not he needs another year in the minors.

Just looking at the choices of who could be called up

1.Wright

2. Wilson (when healthy)

3) Roe

4) Rondon

5) Drake

6) Steve Johnson (not on the 40)

7) Miranda (26 yr/old lefty Cuban at AA) (Not on the 40)

8) Chris Lee (AA lefty who has to be added to the 40 this offseason to protected)

9) Toliver (AA lefty who has to be added to the 40 this offseason to protected)

10) Triggs (AA righty reliever who has to be added to the 40 this offseason to be protected

Probably not Gunkel because he has another year of protection be he needs to be added)

Obviously the O's aren't going to add all these guys but there are plenty to pick from.

Wright, Drake and Johnson will be welcomed additions. I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Jones either. We have to start manufacturing good pitching performances somehow. Janish, Alvarez, Urrutia, and Clevenger are all up already. I could see Lough come back on the 1st just to be a pinch runner/defensive replacement. Other than that I don't see anymore position players getting the call. Maybe Walker and Mancini after their teams playoff runs are over.

Just looking at the choices of who could be called up

1.Wright

2. Wilson (when healthy)

3) Roe

4) Rondon

5) Drake

6) Steve Johnson (not on the 40)

7) Miranda (26 yr/old lefty Cuban at AA) (Not on the 40)

8) Chris Lee (AA lefty who has to be added to the 40 this offseason to protected)

9) Toliver (AA lefty who has to be added to the 40 this offseason to protected)

10) Triggs (AA righty reliever who has to be added to the 40 this offseason to be protected

Probably not Gunkel because he has another year of protection be he needs to be added)

Obviously the O's aren't going to add all these guys but there are plenty to pick from.

Are any of those last 3 worth protecting?

Are any of those last 3 worth protecting?

Buck said he has been impressed by Toliver.

Lee is a lefty starter with a decent ERA. That probably give him an edge.

Triggs is probably the least likely but his numbers are really good this year.

Bottom line: I don't know.

The thing of it is that with 6 FA and Matusz as a non tender candidate there is some space on the 40 man roster. I have to think Bundy probably starts next season on the 60 day DL which will offer another opening.

He's 25. I guess without spectacular numbers, his upside is Junior Lake.

Archived