vs. RAYS, 9/02

OFFNY

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was throwing it for the very edge and right at the knees. Bring it up and in off the corner just a little. The ump wasn't so tight that an outer third strike wouldn't get called. He just wasn't calling it on the black.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A 2 seamer over the outer 3rd is crushable. You have to run it to off the plate in this league.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The kid from Rookie Of The Year sure is having his way with the Pirates so far.</p>— Bucs Dugout (@BucsDugout) <a href="

">September 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He was throwing it for the very edge and right at the knees. Bring it up and in off the corner just a little. The ump wasn't so tight that an outer third strike wouldn't get called. He just wasn't calling it on the black.

Isnt thus the perfect chance for Kevin to mix some breaking balls in this last month? Use it for 2016 planning.

I don't like Flaherty's facial language there. Like it was a balk or someone else's fault. Get your head out of your ass. Never go for the secondary lead until the ball has been released to the plate. It isn't hard.

I'd criticize Flash but I don't want to be accused of being biased again.

I don't like Flaherty's facial language there. Like it was a balk or someone else's fault. Get your head out of your ass. Never go for the secondary lead until the ball has been released to the plate. It isn't hard.

It was a balk. But like that is ever called anymore.

Archived