vs. RAYS, 9/02

OFFNY

As CoC has brought up before, his defense is starting to scare me a bit. The metrics aren't wrong. He is getting bad jumps, taking non-optimal routes, and the ball has popped out of his glove at least three times. I'm honestly not sure at this point. I do think he is a pretty good hitter and I like his energy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd only be in for maybe a 2 year/2 WAR deal. Only then because I don't trust any of the three Cubans.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those are excuses IMO. Throw the freaking 2 seamer on the outer third on 0-0, get ahead, get some grounders. When they start leaning over to cover it, dust them up and in with 4 seamers and sit them on their ass. It isn't rocket science.

I watched Wieters call FIVE STRAIGHT 4 SEAMERS INSIDE to Forsythe. That is just stupid.

:agree:

Those are excuses IMO. Throw the freaking 2 seamer on the outer third on 0-0, get ahead, get some grounders. When they start leaning over to cover it, dust them up and in with 4 seamers and sit them on their ass. It isn't rocket science.

I watched Wieters call FIVE STRAIGHT 4 SEAMERS INSIDE to Forsythe. That is just stupid.

I think we throw the fastball with our average to below average pitchers 2nd most in baseball I think.

Oh okay.. Because Gausman wasnt getting squeezed on pitches at the kne or near the outside of the plate. That changes everything. When you aren't getting that pitch, you can't do what you are saying. Especially when a hitter knows nothing is gonna be called off the plate or at the knees.

Alvarez is nothing IMO.

I like Urrutia more than Alvarez as I think he can at least supply a highish average and decent OBP with below average power and defense. And I agree with you and Frobby that Urrutia's defense is not good enough at this level so I agree that he is a pinch hitter / back up at best.

We won't get Parra at 2 year / 2 WAR. We won't get him for 2 years period. I'd go higher than that.

I'd be prepared to offer Heyward a ton of money.

I think he could be the rare big contract that pays off.

Yea, I wouldn't expect to sign him.

I know your views on FA but they aren't going to sign anyone of "quality" if they aren't going to pay market rates. I would attempt a Boston 2013 like offseason and hope we get the same results. Signing multiple players to 3-4 year deals isn't going to tie the team down long term. I wish we had the kids in the minors. Hope Mancini can work out but not getting my hopes up.

I know your views on FA but they aren't going to sign anyone of "quality" if they aren't going to pay market rates. I would attempt a Boston 2013 like offseason and hope we get the same results. Signing multiple players to 3-4 year deals isn't going to tie the team down long term. I wish we had the kids in the minors. Hope Mancini can work out but not getting my hopes up.

I'm not sold Parra is quality.

A couple years ago at least he had his glove to fall back on.

Archived