4 consecutive non-losing seasons

tinamodotti

Back in the days of Daniel Cabrera, Sidney Ponson, Cesar Izturis, Geronimo Gil, Garrett Atkins, Adam Eaton, J.R. House, Rocky Cherry, Dennis Sarfate, Brian Burres, and the endless parade of castoffs and replacement players it was hard to think we'd ever get back to being consistently not abysmal.

Some whine about draft order but I'm glad we got back to .500. Now let's open the bank for Manny.

It's the first time in 20 years (since 1985) that the club has had 4 consecutive non-losing seasons.

The Orioles have the most wins in the American League since the start of 2012.

I wish some would stop acting like such whiny, mistreated fans. We're in a stretch of good baseball here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the first time in 20 years (since 1985) that the club has had 4 consecutive non-losing seasons.

I wish some would stop acting like such whiny, mistreated fans. We're in a stretch of good baseball here.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 1985 is 30 years ago.

Back in the days of Daniel Cabrera, Sidney Ponson, Cesar Izturis, Geronimo Gil, Garrett Atkins, Adam Eaton, J.R. House, Rocky Cherry, Dennis Sarfate, Brian Burres, and the endless parade of castoffs and replacement players it was hard to think we'd ever get back to being consistently not abysmal.

Some whine about draft order but I'm glad we got back to .500. Now let's open the bank for Manny.

Pretty impressive. We had a great time again today.

Only 8 organizations have won at least one during that time.

That is extremely depressing, given that there were 4 division series for each of 4 years. 16 division series means 32 teams starting playoff games (not counting the play-in).

That is extremely depressing, given that there were 4 division series for each of 4 years. 16 division series means 32 teams starting playoff games (not counting the play-in).

We haven't played 2015 yet. Toronto, NYM, Houston, and Pittsburgh have an opportunity to add to that.

We haven't played 2015 yet. Toronto, NYM, Houston, and Pittsburgh have an opportunity to add to that.

Jeez. That's kinda scary. Pittsburgh will swallow money, as will Houston and the Mets. Toronto...I don't know because they make there $ in Canadian dollars, and pay there players in the superior US dollar. They could not do it just because of currency laws.

I am thrilled we finished .500, we'll take it at this point. Now let's improve the club.

I wish some would stop acting like such whiny, mistreated fans. We're in a stretch of good baseball here

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 1985 is 30 years ago.

Doh! That makes it even a little more satisfying.

Yes.

I don't understand why that would be interpreted as "bad" news.

If the Indians had broken their own record for winning percentage by an American League team by going 117-45, would that be "bad news" because the record that they broke occurred 61 years ago? :confused:

It's nice that our expectations have risen to the level where 81-81 is considered a big disappointment. At the outset of the 2012 season, I would have signed for 81-81 in blood. Three winning seasons and two playoff appearances changed that. No, I am not satisfied with this season, but I'm glad to say that 81-81 is no longer something we are hoping to achieve. Now the challenge is to build a team this offseason that is good enough that we can reasonably hope will be back in the playoffs.

Yes.

I don't understand why that would be interpreted as "bad" news.

If the Indians had broken their own record for winning percentage by an American League team by going 117-45, would that be "bad news" because the record that they broke occurred 61 years ago? :confused:

Yeah, sometimes you just gotta let the miserable people be miserable. :newcry:

Archived