No David Price, Thank You

JR Oriole

Not just David Price.

Also, Matt "I'm a Big Troublemaker that is Not Worth the Hassle" Harvey.

To be fair though, you have to take into consideration how exceptionally good the Orioles starting pitching was this past season ...... so they can certainly afford to be picky in terms of letting anybody new into the clubhouse.

Certainly! Who in their right mind would want that kind of drek on the Orioles? Glad we cleared up what kind of talent DD should be looking at. Also, I understand that there is zero chance for Pricr, or a Harvey trade but I would welcome it if it happened.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else shocked that Gallardo speaks English without an accent? My mind has never been so blown in my existence on this Earth. Granted, he went to HS in Texas, but he was born in Mexico. Heck, I still speak with a North Dakota accent, and I've been in Baltimore half my life.

During the '83 World Series, a reporter asked Tippy Martinez a question in Spanish. Tippy had to tell him he didn't speak Spanish.

In a Trapper John, M.D. episode that I once saw, a policeman was trying to communicate with an Oriental teenager and his grandmother.

When the policeman spoke to the grandmother, the teenager interrupted him and told him that she could not understand him, because she did not speak English.

The policeman then told him, "OK, then YOU tell her what I'm saying."

The teenager said, "I can't."

The policeman then said, "Why not?"

The teenager said, "I can't speak Chinese."

Assumptions, assumptions.

The OP is hilarious because it assumes we'll be a playoff team or something.

So, we have posters on record as refusing David Price on the roster? For the love of Affordable Family Entertainment.

Wait ... don't we still have to win during the regular season first just to make the playoffs?

I have a headache now. I should know better than to visit the forums regularly in the off season. :laughlol:

The premise of this thread makes me think of a person living in a studio apartment saying, "No thank you!" to an offer to live in a 3-bedroom house because of a chronic leaky faucet in the bathroom sink.

The premise of this thread makes me think of a person living in a studio apartment saying, "No thank you!" to an offer to live in a 3-bedroom house because of a chronic leaky faucet in the bathroom sink.

This mansion is gorgeous, but it has a mosquito in it. I have used the power of statistics to conclude that it will have a mosquito in it 100% of the time, so I'll pass.

He's UFA. Given the O's draft and development record, I'm not concerned about picks.

I am. So. Here is my mantra. If they cost a pick, no thanks. If resigning a player keeps us from gaining a pick, unless there is substantial excess value (read hometown discount) not thank you. Re-tool without doing those things this year. We spent those assets back in 2014.

I am. So. Here is my mantra. If they cost a pick, no thanks. If resigning a player keeps us from gaining a pick, unless there is substantial excess value (read hometown discount) not thank you. Re-tool without doing those things this year. We spent those assets back in 2014.

I'm there.

Unless the FA in question is entering his age 26 season.

Archived