Rumor: Orioles to Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia (Wieters not to return?)

rd421

If your bringing him in your hoping for the best. I feel much better that he finished strong rather than was a dog the last 150 ABs like Parra. You hope that whatever the reason that he struggled early had been corrected and he doesn't repeat.

Look I want Heyward and the best 15M per year starter I can get surrounded by cheap guys at the other vacant slots over a bunch of pricey mid level guys. I think your better off ...so I don't love the idea of Salty.

But Salty would get the minimum from us, so what's the problem?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So maybe you get about .700 out of either. If you can get Salty for the minimum it's better than paying 5-7 per season for 3 years to Parra?

I guess. I don't see one has having anything to do with the other. One is an okay platoon outfielder, the other a catcher who for some reason might get some ABs at DH.

My assumption is that nothing will happen until Wieters turns down the QO (Friday). Makes no sense to risk signing Salty and then having Matt accept the QO.

Absolutely. We can agree it makes sense for someone to sign Wieters, but there is a chance the QO scares everyone off - especially with Atl saying they're not going after him, but in real life, a guy in Salty's position has to weigh the risks.

It's looking like the OP might be legit.

Absolutely. We can agree it makes sense for someone to sign Wieters, but there is a chance the QO scares everyone off - especially with Atl saying they're not going after him, but in real life, a guy in Salty's position has to weigh the risks.

It's looking like the OP might be legit.

Wieters has until Friday to accept or decline the QO.

Archived