Rumor: Orioles to Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia (Wieters not to return?)

rd421

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he's been QO'D you'd assume that squashes this rumor.

As multiple people have stated in this thread, there is no reason to think one has anything to do with the other. If in the extraordinarily unlikely event Wieters accepts the QO, THEN the rumor would be squashed.

As multiple people have stated in this thread, there is no reason to think one has anything to do with the other. If in the extraordinarily unlikely event Wieters accepts the QO, THEN the rumor would be squashed.

Correct. There has been absolutely no rumor squashage by offering the QO to Wieters.

I thought I looked up his splits between teams and that wasn't it. He only played a handful of games for Miami.

He signed with Arizona May 7th, joined the big club on May 29th and had a .154/.244/.282 line over his first 45 plate appearances before the June 20th turnaround.

Rotoworld mentions us as a fit as well. If he hits like hit did the last 150 Abs he'd be a compliment that could be rotated between Catcher and DH.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/287/jarrod-saltalamacchia

In other words, if we selectively take the part of the year where he played poorly and ignore that he's primed for an expanded role.

We did that with Ubaldo, why not anyone else?

Ubaldo was good other times. And the totality of his work is 2013 was spectacular. It was just that he was the best pitcher in baseball from August on and single-handedly pitched the Indians into the playoffs. that year. But other years he was beauteous as well.

Ubaldo was good other times. And the totality of his work is 2013 was spectacular. It was just that he was the best pitcher in baseball from August on and single-handedly pitched the Indians into the playoffs. that year. But other years he was beauteous as well.

Yeah, I know. My last post was mostly sarcasm even though there is truth in it.

In other words, if we selectively take the part of the year where he played poorly and ignore that he's primed for an expanded role.

If your bringing him in your hoping for the best. I feel much better that he finished strong rather than was a dog the last 150 ABs like Parra. You hope that whatever the reason that he struggled early had been corrected and he doesn't repeat.

Look I want Heyward and the best 15M per year starter I can get surrounded by cheap guys at the other vacant slots over a bunch of pricey mid level guys. I think your better off ...so I don't love the idea of Salty.

Archived