SP and OF Trade Targets

orioles4lyfe

I like the idea of trading for Cargo. It obviously depends on whether the O's can do it w/o giving up one of their top prospects. It sucks how badly the farm system limits any trades the O's can do.

What about the Braves' Freddie Freeman. The Braves are dumping everyone to do a complete rebuild. I'm not sure what purpose their ony remaining star player serves.

He does have 6 years left on his contract, but he has a .366 career OBP and would probably age better than Davis. He'll be 31 at the end of his contract and Davis will be 30 at the start of his contract. Only works if the Braves think of it as a salary dump.

Regardless of who the O's sign or trade for, there are going to be a lot of rookies getting at bats and IP. Here's hoping that someone from Mancini, Alvarez, Wilson, etc breaks out. I would much prefer that to seeing a bunch of washed of former top prospects and AAAA players.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are going to trade for a solid mlb player teams are going to want our younger guys - Machado, Gausman, Davies, etc.

IMO I am not expecting much improvement this offseason. Especially when we are addressing our biggest need via trade. We know we are not giving up any of our top guys to get someone.

I assume DD will be watching what other teams do and try to find the odd man out.

I like the idea of trading for Cargo. It obviously depends on whether the O's can do it w/o giving up one of their top prospects. It sucks how badly the farm system limits any trades the O's can do.

What about the Braves' Freddie Freeman. The Braves are dumping everyone to do a complete rebuild. I'm not sure what purpose their ony remaining star player serves.

He does have 6 years left on his contract, but he has a .366 career OBP and would probably age better than Davis. He'll be 31 at the end of his contract and Davis will be 30 at the start of his contract. Only works if the Braves think of it as a salary dump.

Regardless of who the O's sign or trade for, there are going to be a lot of rookies getting at bats and IP. Here's hoping that someone from Mancini, Alvarez, Wilson, etc breaks out. I would much prefer that to seeing a bunch of washed of former top prospects and AAAA players.

I thought the Cargo ask was Gausman?

Other than:

Corner outfielder

Good power

Takes walks

Doesn't strike out

Has been a 1-1.4 win defender other than last year

Projected to make like $6 million

Nothing I guess.

Still leaves another hole to fill after next year. We have to start doing better than giving up prospects for rentals.

Understood about Kimbrel... I was just thinking that they could allocate a portion of the money saved from Freeman's contract to lock up Britton for a few years.

Again, they had Kimbrel locked up.

Closer clearly isn't a priority for them.

They'd want pitching prospects. We don't have any. Healthy ones at least.

I agree. Forget Freeman unless you send Gausman. Which I would hate.

I haven't made up my mind on that deal.

I'd probably not do it, just cause Guasman is the only hope left we have getting an ace, which is vital.

But I could definitely see a future in three years where we're kicking ourselves for not making that move, if it is indeed on the table.

I haven't made up my mind on that deal.

I'd probably not do it, just cause Guasman is the only hope left we have getting an ace, which is vital.

But I could definitely see a future in three years where we're kicking ourselves for not making that move, if it is indeed on the table.

I can't imagine the Orioles are considering it. But Buck and Hart are great friends.

Archived