Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

These guys have a pretty good show ...and they don't report crap. They stated that the info was available somewhere on the internet. But I am working and don't have time to look for it

I listen to these guys every day, their reporting is always based on MLBtraderumors or other reporters. This was just an accumulation of stories rather then anything new.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
White Sox get: 3B Todd Frazier (Reds),

Dodgers get: P Frankie Montas (White Sox #3 prospect), 2B Micah Johnson (White Sox #5 prospect), OF Trayce Thompson (White Sox #14 prospect)

Reds get: 2B Jose Peraza (Dodgers #4 prospect), Scott Schebler (Dodgers #13 prospect), UTIL Brandon Dixon (Dodgers prospect)

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/more-sports/todd-frazier-to-white-sox-in-three-team-deal-with-dodgers-reds/60860714/

That... what? The Reds didn't like the Sox guys?

Hilarious. The Reds got absolutely nothing. The package the Dodgers got was much better than the Reds got and they gave up the Allstar. CHW and LAD pretty clearly won this deal. Now Cincinnati gets to watch their CF/2B combo potentially steal 150+ bases if only they could hit, sadly neither can.

Hilarious. The Reds got absolutely nothing. The package the Dodgers got was much better than the Reds got and they gave up the Allstar. CHW and LAD pretty clearly won this deal. Now Cincinnati gets to watch their CF/2B combo potentially steal 150+ bases if only they could hit, sadly neither can.

I think it is a head scratcher for the White Sox as well. They have an average minor league system an trade two of their top 5 prospects when they are not a contending team. What will Frazier do help them win 79 games instead of 75.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If that's all Todd Frazier is worth, neither Hanley nor Sandoval are going anywhere, folks.</p>— Chris Hatfield (@SPChrisHatfield) <a href="

">December 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mad Dog has an interesting idea. LAD compiling prospects to move in a Hernandez trade with Miami. Other wise why not just trade for Frazier

Yeah but they didn't really add much in prospect as they traded away a few higher guys though I guess the arguement could be teh guys they got are more MLB ready.

Atleast he is still putting up decent numbers tough they still have what 8 years left. He has trouble staying healthy now I can't imagine in 5 years,

Votto played 158 games this year and batted .314/.439/.541 with 29 HR and a 174 OPS+. He played all 162 games in 2013. He could get hurt, but he's still worth it. Drungo and I were talking about Cespedes/Davis not being 7 win players before -- this dude IS a 7 win player. A paltry 5 wins with regression.

Votto played 158 games this year and batted .314/.439/.541 with 29 HR and a 174 OPS+. He played all 162 games in 2013. He could get hurt, but he's still worth it. Drungo and I were talking about Cespedes/Davis not being 7 win players before -- this dude IS a 7 win player. A paltry 5 wins with regression.

Yeah right now but he has 8 more years left on that contract and he be 32 years old next season.

Yeah right now but he has 8 more years left on that contract and he be 32 years old next season.

2016 Contract details by year 33 $20,000,000 $20,000,000

2017 Contract details by year 34 $22,000,000 $22,000,000

2018 Contract details by year 35 $25,000,000 $25,000,000

2019 Contract details by year 36 $25,000,000 $25,000,000

2020 Contract details by year 37 $25,000,000 $25,000,000

2021 Contract details by year 38 $25,000,000 $25,000,000

2022 Contract details by year 39 $25,000,000 $25,000,000

2023 Contract details by year 40 $25,000,000 $25,000,000

2024 Contract details by year 41 $20,000,000 $20,000,000

2025 Free Agent Year 42

UFA

Contract Notes: