Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's awesome. I love outfields with three corner players. Or is Werth going to "fall down" in spring training?

Werth will play CF until he gets hurt and will be replaced by Taylor.

It's quite an offense for an NL team.

Werth

Murphy

Rendon

Harper

Cespedes

Zimmerman

Espinosa

Ramos

This team has injury mitigation, which they'll need, that they didn't have last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From nightengale:

The biggest surprise now is if #Nats don't sign Cespedes. They appear to be the only team interested in giving him longer than 3-year deal.

IMO it makes perfect sense for the nats because werth and Zimmerman are always injured and on the decline. Big reason they failed last season was they had no offense with those 2 always injured and really not being the same players that they had been over career.

I don't get the cespedes doesn't fit talk. If I'm Rizzo and my job depended on it (which it does), I would be all in for a big bat like cespedes.

From nightengale:

The biggest surprise now is if #Nats don't sign Cespedes. They appear to be the only team interested in giving him longer than 3-year deal.

IMO it makes perfect sense for the nats because werth and Zimmerman are always injured and on the decline. Big reason they failed last season was they had no offense with those 2 always injured and really not being the same players that they had been over career.

I don't get the cespedes doesn't fit talk. If I'm Rizzo and my job depended on it (which it does), I would be all in for a big bat like cespedes.

He doesn't fit because they would have no center fielder.

He doesn't fit because they would have no center fielder.

Harper plays center. Revere and Taylor also play center.

There is always a way, especially if you are looking to add substantial offensive impact. Most teams are not ready for long term commitment and I get that part. The nats have werth and others coming off the books in 2 years and really they are likely to fail again this season if they are relying on Zimmerman and werth production.

Harper plays center. Revere and Taylor also play center.

There is always a way, especially if you are looking to add substantial offensive impact. Most teams are not ready for long term commitment and I get that part. The nats have werth and others coming off the books in 2 years and really they are likely to fail again this season if they are relying on Zimmerman and werth production.

Isn't Werth 48 Million dollars worth of two years? Aren't the Nats sour on Taylor so they got Revere? Aren't the Nats gonna shop Revere if they sign Yoenis? What if Papelbon is still there. Is he gonna fight Cespedes?

Isn't Werth 48 Million dollars worth of two years? Aren't the Nats sour on Taylor so they got Revere? Aren't the Nats gonna shop Revere if they sign Yoenis? What if Papelbon is still there. Is he gonna fight Cespedes?

Maybe all that happens, and they still win the NL East.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interest in Cespedes has skyrocketed since Davis and Upton were signed. I think the pipedream of the Orioles grabbing him on a short term offer is gone. We need to focus on the starting rotation from now until its fixed.

Btw, did anyone ever figure out who the O's were negotiating against for Davis (other than Davis' esteemed agent)? I'd really like to know if Angelos imposed his will on this one against the better intentions of Duq.

Btw, did anyone ever figure out who the O's were negotiating against for Davis (other than Davis' esteemed agent)? I'd really like to know if Angelos imposed his will on this one against the better intentions of Duq.

Reportedly the Tigers, for one.

I believe they bid against themselves.

I believe they bid against themselves.

The Tigers were after as Scott Boras would say, the TOP outfielder Chris Davis

The Detroit Tigers? agreement with outfielder Justin Upton on Monday also brought word that they were apparently very interested in signing Davis. According to a MLB Network report, Tigers owner Mike Ilitch was ?absolutely ready? to sign Davis before general manager Al Avila talked him out of it. Detroit saw Davis as a corner outfielder. Miguel Cabrera plays first base for the Tigers.

Ilitch reportedly had some front-office support to sign Davis, but there were concerns about the luxury tax.

Sun

At first, I also thought the O's were bidding against themselves; sports illustrated even had a portion of their article having fun at the O's expense on it.

Archived