Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the surface it looks like we should have played on this one, but the velocity dip has me concerned. I was willing to lump that in with some of the injury concerns from last year, but perhaps there's reason to believe its something more. He's a bit too young to be really in full on decline (aside from injury aided decline), but perhaps he's one that falls earlier than others.

The fact that no other team played on him above the 1/$7M with incentives should tell everyone something. Perhaps the red flags are bigger than they seem. I'm not so much surprised by the deal as much as surprised that it wasn't at least with a NL club and/or in a huge park. I figured he'd have to take an incentive laiden pillow contract, but I assumed someone would hand it to him in a more favorable environment for him to deliver.

I'd happily have signed Fister at 1/$7 mm. In fact, I would have signed him for 1/$10 mm.

I kind of laugh at some of the reactions on this board. Not directed at Frobby. But some people that are complaining about not signing Fister would also be upset if we signed him at this deal and he sucked and got lucky released in June.

I kind of laugh at some of the reactions on this board. Not directed at Frobby. But some people that are complaining about not signing Fister would also be upset if we signed him at this deal and he sucked and got lucky released in June.

Stop doing the "us vs. them" mantra dude. Doesn't help this board.

For $7m and 1 year, you pull the trigger, period. Put him in the bullpen like Nats did.

You need depth. Your right, he may not work but that's why you have a few options.

That's a steal for the chance in today's market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For $7m and 1 year, you pull the trigger, period. Put him in the bullpen like Nats did.

You need depth. Your right, he may not work but that's why you have a few options.

You put him in the bullpen at the expense of who?

In what sense is this an "us vs them" post? Stop crying foul at anything you don't agree with.

Its more like 12 million, if you count incentives.

Archived