Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People seem to think DD wont lose the pick over a signing but he hasnt done anything to suggest that.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It's a pretty high pick this year and we need it more now. I don't think he gives it up unless it is for a Heyward, and PA won't authorize that kind of money.

It's a pretty high pick this year and we need it more now. I don't think he gives it up unless it is for a Heyward, and PA won't authorize that kind of money.

Call me crazy but we are in the middle of free agency and most of you are more concerned abot a draft pick that MIGHT impact us 3-4 years down the road rather than getting better now.

Well it seems the report is false but I'm watching HOU and SEA closely because they are the most likely competitors for CD.

From the very start the Giants have seemed to be a great fit for CD and I am surprised to see no speculation in that direction.

Belt is a free agent, and Davis would splash a ton of balls into the drink. And they are a team that is not afraid to spend money.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Call me crazy but we are in the middle of free agency and most of you are more concerned abot a draft pick that MIGHT impact us 3-4 years down the road rather than getting better now.
Our farm system is bereft. We need to field a competitive team and strengthen the farm. Can't reject one for the other.

From the very start the Giants have seemed to be a great fit for CD and I am surprised to see no speculation in that direction.

Belt is a free agent, and Davis would splash a ton of balls into the drink. And they are a team that is not afraid to spend money.

Belt isnt a free agent for another 2 seasons.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Since when?

Our farm system is bereft. We need to field a competitive team and strengthen the farm. Can't reject one for the other.

It's one player, one pick. And it might be Matt Hobgood or Billy Rowell. I'm sorry if I'm not ready to watch us rebuild after seeing us back in the ALCS. We as fans are so resigned to the fact that we are not gonna improve our team in the offseason that we worry more about what might be on the field then getting better and winning now. I'm sorry but I'm not willing to sit through more losing while we have players like Machado and Jones on the team NOW. It's growing really old.

Greinke's deal is larger than the next 4 largest in D'Back's history combined

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Contratos + altos (valor total) en historia <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Diamondbacks?src=hash">#Diamondbacks</a>:

Z.Greinke 206M

Yasmany Tomas 68.5

Randy Johnson 52.4

T.Glaus 45.0

Jay Bell 34.0</p>— Guillermo Celis (@GuillermoCelis) <a href="

">December 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's one player, one pick. And it might be Matt Hobgood or Billy Rowell. I'm sorry if I'm not ready to watch us rebuild after seeing us back in the ALCS. We as fans are so resigned to the fact that we are not gonna improve our team in the offseason that we worry more about what might be on the field then getting better and winning now. I'm sorry but I'm not willing to sit through more losing while we have players like Machado and Jones on the team NOW. It's growing really old.
It could also be Manny II. We have a slim chance of competing as it is. It's stupid to throw away a high draft pick when there are options that don't involve losing it. We could sign Cueto, Kazmir, Leake, Cespedes, Zobrist or Span, and not lose it. All are solid upgrades.

It could also be Manny II. We have a slim chance of competing as it is. It's stupid to throw away a high draft pick when there are options that don't involve losing it. We could sign Cueto, Kazmir, Leake, Cespedes, Zobrist or Span, and not lose it. All are solid upgrades.

IT COULD BE. It's also most likely NOT TO BE and what if none of those guys want to sign here and someone like Alex Gordon does? You handcuffing our ability to make moves and limiting the talent pool based on a player who may never be and is most likely if successful will not be for at least a 3-4 year period. In addition, you're putting your faith into a front office to make that draft pick that clearly doesn't value selecting the highest upside player in the draft. Manny was a once in a lifetime player/pick for us. Oh and if we don't sign him soon he's gonna be gone too.

Archived