Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

Not a good thing that boras has control over a potential back up plan in Alvarez. That's costs us leverage there. Maybe that's why we're talking about trading for Lind. Just to have some type of leverage over the boras monopoly.

If they sign CD I don't know how they fit in an outfielder. Budget wise it would be better to sign gordon or upton and play Trumbo/Alverez at first/DH

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even with 4/80 being shot down, Zobrist needs to decide quick before everybody comes to their senses.

I doubt anyone comes to their senses.

When a guy who plays every 5th day (Greinke) gets 34+ million a year or basically 1+ million per start, anything is possible IMO

If they sign CD I don't know how they fit in an outfielder. Budget wise it would be better to sign gordon or upton and play Trumbo/Alverez at first/DH

Source?

How do you know the budget ceiling? Every indication is that the payroll is going up quite a bit and the hide the MASN money charade is over.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/25405894/braves-in-talks-with-teams-about-shelby-miller-could-be-traded-soon

The Orioles are one of a few new entrants in a derby that already includes the Cubs, Dodgers, Giants, Diamondbacks, Marlins, Yankees and others. Baltimore tried for Miller when he was with St. Louis.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/25405919/orioles-will-meet-with-chris-davis-agent-scott-boras-Tuesday

The Orioles are expected to step up for Davis, but it's hard to see them getting into the category of those comps. The Blue Jays, Red Sox and Cardinals are among other teams linked to Davis. While Davis is mostly a first baseman, he can play right field, left field and third base, adding to his attractiveness.

If the Orioles can't keep Davis, they will look more closely at a strong outfield market that includes Alex Gordon and Justin Upton, two players that interest them. They also seek to upgrade their rotation after keeping Darren O'Day, whose $31-million, four-year deal to return is pending a physical.

Fielder is worth 3-4 wins offensively and we have an open spot at DH. May I repeat .387 career OBP and no sub .200 years like CD.

How is he worth 3-4 wins offensively? He was about 15 runs above average on offense in '15 and '13 (roughly +20 as a hitter, -5 as a runner). And he's a pure DH or a very poor first baseman.

In other words, he's a 125 wRC+ hitter and everything else on his resume is a zero or less.

All the Gm's and agents must be too busy doing all these interviews and everything or out late partying in Nashville because this has to be the slowest winter meeting. I know it is uaully a lot of fluff but this year is really slow. Heck they all leave by Thursday noon.

All the Gm's and agents must be too busy doing all these interviews and everything or out late partying in Nashville because this has to be the slowest winter meeting. I know it is uaully a lot of fluff but this year is really slow. Heck they all leave by Thursday noon.

I was just thinking that. With all the players on the FA market, these winter meetings stink so far. Why is Zobrist the one that people say will set the market?

I was just thinking that. With all the players on the FA market, these winter meetings stink so far. Why is Zobrist the one that people say will set the market?

I still love the other sports free agnets signing period. Somehow in the NBA and NFL the deadline is like midnight and then there are a ton of signings and players already to sign not this back and fourth thing with agents and gm's for weeks at an end.

Archived