Cards Interested in Davis - FOX Sports

SeaBird

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't matter. You have to keep digging. Otherwise, you don't get Davis, and O'Day, and Pearce, and Gonzalez, and McClouth... they all came out of the can.

I don't mind digging but when it's your only offseason moves it's a joke and isn't a good look on the organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've compared Dan to a cat lady in the past.

I'm just not a fan of his. Haven't been since day 1. Idk if it's because he's been out of baseball for years prior to becoming apart of the O's or if it's the way he interviews or what but I'm really just not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan a smart baseball guy. He knows where he is and acts accordingly. When he was in Montreal he built a strong team. When he was in BOS with $$$ he signed Pedro, and Manny. He's in BAL so he's doing a pretty good job dumpster diving. PA seems to want to sign CD. If he manages that then he will fill the rest dumpster diving and making trades. Good luck to him.

He cost practically nothing and was a key cog on a playoff team.

I don't argue your point Can....but you have to count all the money and roster spots wasted on the failed dumpster diving.

Parmalee comes to mind ...and the player they got rid of when they were forced to promote or lose him.

The wasted money on the expectation of the expanded role for Delmon etc etc.

My point is that it's okay to attempt to hit the proverbial lottery. But you actually have to add some talent that you can actually count on. The replacements for Markakis and Cruz were abysmal failures and a contributing factor to the down turn this season.

I'll mention that I'm aware of the bad year by the SP so some poster doesn't try to remind me. I'll argue that they had an extra starter they could've moved before this past season. They probably could've gotten good value out of trading Norris or Gonzalez (selling high ) and had the added benefit of not messing around with Gausman for 1/2 season.

Additionally had they moved some of O'Day,, Davis, Wieters, and or Chen we would not be talking about needing to find 6-7 quality guys to fill out starting positions on our roster....just saying

Again I get we were still hanging around for the last wild card. But DD did not have the chips to buy at the deadline to help a team with flawed starting pitching. So again in my opinion selling was the common sense thing to do.

Archived