Trumbo an Oriole (For Clevenger Done Deal)

MASNPalmer

But we're evaluating moves based on imperfect budget assumptions. I'm a fan of the trade, but will definitely evaluate further after the offseason ends.

Either way. Looks like a solid acquisition. Hope he hits 35 bombs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure it is imperfect but it is very reasonable to believe they will be operating at a budget that is close to even or perhaps 10% above last years. And they dont stand to gain much room from non-tenders.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IM thinking that the payroll must be going up. If Angelos is really negotiating with Boras for Davis I doubt he will let Chris get away. Also we are hearing that they are in the ball park on O'Day. I have to think that Peter is finally done hiding the MASN money. This all sounds like really good news.

It's all about that recent ruling in the Orioles favor, IMO. The MASN money was released, so to speak.

IM thinking that the payroll must be going up. If Angelos is really negotiating with Boras for Davis I doubt he will let Chris get away. Also we are hearing that they are in the ball park on O'Day. I have to think that Peter is finally done hiding the MASN money. This all sounds like really good news.

I will only believe it when and if it happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm surprised people don't like this deal more. Clevenger was not going to be on the 25-man.

If the plan is not to re-sign Davis, I like this deal.

If the plan is to re-sign Davis, I like this deal. I'd put Trumbo at DH and occasionally outfield and he fills the Nelson Cruz role.

Either way, if Trumbo is healthy, he's going to mash in Camden. It's a 1-year deal. I like the upside a lot.

Plus, if he does well, he is getting that qualifying offer. I think. I don't know. Maybe not. No, definitely not. But maybe.

I just don't believe he is a good Davis replacement. The team needs to keep going forward.

Plus, if he does well, he is getting that qualifying offer. I think. I don't know. Maybe not. No, definitely not. But maybe.

I just don't believe he is a good Davis replacement. The team needs to keep going forward.

He's not a Davis replacement, but I think he makes sense for the Orioles, who aren't entirely sure what 1B looks like yet. Trumbo provides flexibility knowing that whether or not Davis comes back there is one person on the roster who can play 1B. I wouldn't rule out the O's taking a flyer on Morneau for a year either and I would STILL think there is room for Davis (1B/OF/DH).

He's not a Davis replacement, but I think he makes sense for the Orioles, who aren't entirely sure what 1B looks like yet. Trumbo provides flexibility knowing that whether or not Davis comes back there is one person on the roster who can play 1B. I wouldn't rule out the O's taking a flyer on Morneau for a year either and I would STILL think there is room for Davis (1B/OF/DH).

The guys who said he is a poor man's Cruz signing nailed it, I think. The team still needs a (dare I say it) MOO bat that is LEFT handed to avoid going backwards offensively.

I love this. If they could magically resign Davis and add Morneau, that lineup would be hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well replacing Davis with Trumbo and his career .300 OBP gives us a leg up on worst team OBP for 2016.

We're back to the days of not being able to afford real talent and not able to develop real talent, so we get reclamation projects.

I'll be happy if we only waste money on 1 year deals as we wait for the next window of competitiveness 2018, 2019 ... ??

Well replacing Davis with Trumbo and his career .300 OBP gives us a leg up on worst team OBP for 2016.

We're back to the days of not being able to afford real talent and not able to develop real talent, so we get reclamation projects.

I'll be happy if we only waste money on 1 year deals as we wait for the next window of competitiveness 2018, 2019 ... ??

When you say, "we," I'm assuming you are referring to your first love, the Phillies.

he deal was finished pending medical review of the players involved. The Orioles are reported to be choosing from two different players that were on the Mariners 40-man roster so there was no official announcement from either team

Characters

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/mariners-trade-mark-trumbo-to-the-orioles-for-first-basemancatcher-steve-cleavenger/

Archived