A couple of trade ideas

NJOriolesFan

Trade J.J. Hardy and a mid-level prospect (or Wilson or Wright or Alvarez) to San Diego for Andrew Cashner. Padres need a shortstop.

Trade Ubaldo Jimenez, Brian Matusz and a prospect to Minnesota for Trevor Plouffe and Oswaldo Arcia. Sano plays 3rd for Twins. For some reason Twins don't want to use Arcia.

We would save $10 million this year. We could then sign Kazmir or Gallardo. And we could also do Upton or Davis, if he comes to his senses.

Rotation: Gallardo/Kazmir, Tillman, Gausman, Cashner, Gonzalez

Bullpen: Britton, O'Day, Brach, Bundy, Worley, Givens, one more reliever

Catchers: Wieters, Joseph

1st Base: Trumbo

2nd Base: Schoop

3rd Base: Plouffe

shortstop: Machado

infield: Ryan Flaherty

outfield: Arcia, Jones, Upton/Davis, Parades, Reimold/Lake/Rickens??/Hoes

Thoughts?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He couldn't have gotten any worse but yes, he was better. He makes about 31M over the next two years though.

Might be worth it if Ross came along with Melvin in exchange of Hardy. It would be nice to move Manny to SS. Have to sign Freese or someone to play 3B.

I don't think we will get anything for JJ. Unfortunately it seems his back has started to fail him. I hope he proves me wrong but the nagging back injuries do not bode well for him.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

He has a torn labrum from the Schoop collision.

He has a torn labrum from the Schoop collision.

Wasn't his back bothering him off and on for the last 2 seasons? I know he missed time in the beginning of the season for his shoulder. Could have sworn his back was acting up again too.

Wasn't his back bothering him off and on for the last 2 seasons? I know he missed time in the beginning of the season for his shoulder. Could have sworn his back was acting up again too.

His back is an issue. He gets back spasms. The labrum is the current big deal.

Archived