Simple Question: Will Chris Davis be an Oriole in 2016?

mskrulz

Will Chris Davis be an Oriole in 2016?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will Chris Davis be an Oriole in 2016?

• Yes the will work it out.
    • Nope he's gone.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who thinks that after all the posturing, bickering, and leaking of information to the press, that Davis is back in 2016. This isn't about whether you think it's a good or a bad move. When the dust settles will Davis be an "O" on opening day?

I say they both need each other too much to not be together.

"Seven picks in the to 100. Well six if we sign Chris."

Yes and I couldn't be happier. Yes 7 years is too long but it will be fine. Chen might end up with 22 Million per season from someone at this rate. I know the two aren't comparable but contracts are out of hand. Hopefully this works out and he is a huge part of offense for years to come!

I voted Yes he will be back. But for the record, it will be a Giant fail contract. I am not in support of any deal for Chris davis above 5 yrs/100. Heck, I think thats too much. When this is said and done, a large percentage of the O/H will waffle. I will not. This is a bad deal for sure, and much better investments are on the market right now. So I want it on the record that I am not in favor of this proposed deal. Just like I went on the record with no QO for Weiters. Best case scenario for me is that the "mystery team" swoops in and signs him for 7/175.

If they sign Davis I may just start referring to the team as the Phillies.

I don't see the sense in taking an 81 win team and spending a large percentage of the team's budget to hold serve.

It's really amazing isn't it?

Oh yeah, and CD will be back but the process will drag out long enough to kink the rest of offseason strategy (such as it is), because why shouldn't CD wait as long as he pleases? Any threat to spend the money elsewhere is looking pretty empty at this point. Probably get close to the whole $150 million too.

It's really amazing isn't it?

Oh yeah, and CD will be back but the process will drag out long enough to kink the rest of offseason strategy (such as it is), because why shouldn't CD wait as long as he pleases? Any threat to spend the money elsewhere is looking pretty empty at this point. Probably get close to the whole $150 million too.

It is shaping up so the highlight of next off season will be guessing how much Machado and Britton get in arbitration.

U

If they sign Davis I may just start referring to the team as the Phillies.

I don't see the sense in taking an 81 win team and spending a large percentage of the team's budget to hold serve.

I have the same concern, but I do think the 2016 offense with Davis has a chance to be a bit better than in 2015, due to the Trumbo addition and possibly Kim. We still need a good starting pitcher to improve our chances of improving enough to be a true contender next year.

Archived