Do you agree with BP's take on Jonathan Schoop?

Frobby

Somehow he went from a 1.8dWAR to a 0.0dWAR. Probably because the year before he was the one playing in RF in the shift because Manny was hurt the end of the year. Actually I guarantee you that's the reason. Manny is just a dWAR vulture :vader:. If Schoop had been gobbling up those balls in RF in the shift, then he could've padded his stats up to be a 3 WAR player overall.

That's some video game stuff right there.

Wait, so 3 WAR in half a season? So a 6 WAR player if he played all 162. Not sure that was the case last season and I absolutely love Schoop.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San+Francisco+Giants+v+Milwaukee+Brewers+qPJeDoOGG3Wl.jpg

I always see Schoop listed at 6' 1", but I'd like to know how long ago that measurement was taken. He stood next to me at Fanfest last weekend, and he appeared to be several inches taller than that. Chris Davis is listed at 6' 3", and Schoop looks to be about that too.

He isn't 6'1".
Jonathan Schoop

Baseball player

Jonathan Rufino Jezus Schoop is a Cura?aoan professional baseball second baseman for the Baltimore Orioles of Major League Baseball. Wikipedia

Born: October 16, 1991 (age 24), Willemstad, Cura?ao

Height: 6′ 2″

Nationality: Dutch

Weight: 210 lbs

Career start: 2008

Salary: 515,000 USD (2015)

Current team: Baltimore Orioles (#6 / Infielder)

And if he is 210, so am I.

Wouldn't now be a good time to give Schoop an extension. 6/40 million would be very fair. We have to start extending these guys. We messed up with Machado. Let's not do that with Schoop and Gausman.

Regardless of what was put out by various parties we have no idea how the two sides have interacted.

I find it hard to believe that if a player of Manny's caliber were intent on signing an extension at a realistic rate that the O's would not have obliged him. But that is just my opinion.

Archived