Davis' Mystery Team is ....Nationals? Tigers?

weams

Werth was 36 last year and sub-replacement, missed half the schedule. Probably can't count on that improving at 37... so that's a half man-year of open outfield space right there. Plus Span just left. A Harper/Upton/Werth/etc outfield isn't great, but it has to be better defensively than a Harper/Davis/Werth/etc setup.
Except they don't want Harper in CF and Upton can't play CF. Parra makes more sense for them.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's good, because I know you seriously question their right to exist.

I did indeed. But especially, I feel that the Orioles made a deal for that existence. So I defend the ownership of the Nationals broadcast rights by the Orioles ownership.

Boras may have an understanding with PA that before the O's make an offer elsewhere, they will give CD a final chance to accept the 150 M.

Good point. It may go down that way and I'd like to see it (ie. O's move on). Seems like an honorable way to do it, even though I'm concerned PA / DD will wait too late for it to come to this (ie. Upton, Cespedes or whomever all off the board).

"The Boras - Nationals relationship is some thing that has been very important the last several years."

KR

Matt Vasgersian and Ken Rosenthal. Trade Geo Gonzalez, Sign Chen.

MLB Network just spitballing from the way I heard it. Ted Lerner is a Boras secret weapon.

Trying to trade Storen and Papelbon and sign a reliever.

Orioles have done very little.

"The reason for that is the Owner Peter Angelos is a big fan of Davis and does not want him to leave."

KR

Only John Smoltz talked about the "windows for the two teams" and how maybe D.C. would be a better place for Davis. Does not want Baltimore to do a rebuild. Says they have too good a core.

They never did get to the teaser about Davis to the Nationals. In any appreciable way.

"Sometimes players listen to their agents and hang in there. They might be better served to take control themselves."

JS

If it's true that Angelos is making noises about holding out for Davis, that gives Boras even more incentive to hold out until much later. I truly hope that KR is wrong about this.

Good point. It may go down that way and I'd like to see it (ie. O's move on). Seems like an honorable way to do it, even though I'm concerned PA / DD will wait too late for it to come to this (ie. Upton, Cespedes or whomever all off the board).
Exactly. The more PA/DD wait for CD/Boras, the more likely that other options (Upton, Cespedes or whoever) will be off the board. This will strengthen Boras's position but won't help the Orioles.

Exactly. The more PA/DD wait for CD/Boras, the more likely that other options (Upton, Cespedes or whoever) will be off the board. This will strengthen Boras's position but won't help the Orioles.

I agree but it cuts both ways. When Upton and Cespedes go off the board, it potentially further cuts whatever market there is for Davis. Knowing what I've read about Angelos over the years, I don't see any way Boras gets him to bid against himself.

I agree but it cuts both ways. When Upton and Cespedes go off the board, it potentially further cuts whatever market there is for Davis. Knowing what I've read about Angelos over the years, I don't see any way Boras gets him to bid against himself.

If anything it could backfire.

We've already offered Davis too much. I guess if Upton got 7/$175 mm somewhere we might have to worry about someone outbidding us on Davis.

We've already offered Davis too much. I guess if Upton got 7/$175 mm somewhere we might have to worry about someone outbidding us on Davis.

This!!!

Davis is the one under pressure here. Baltimore made a fair offer, he turned it down. Hope he signs but would be disappointed if he gets same number.

And I think that's quite an outlandish statement. Unless by "average" you mean someone like my wife, who is an Orioles fan but doesn't understand why they couldn't just sign Markakis for whatever he wanted, and doesn't really know who Jonathan Schoop or Caleb Joseph or Brad Brach are, and couldn't begin to explain the infield fly rule. In which case that applies to every city.

It's not like the Nationals brought baseball to a new continent cut off from civilization. Washington has had a MLB team for more years than Baltimore. Heck, a quarter of the folks at Nats Park used to drive to OPACY.

I guess Ravens fans were totally ignorant of both football and the Ravens' roster in 2007?

I'm a diehard baseball fan and I can't explain the infeied fly rule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived