Davis' Mystery Team is ....Nationals? Tigers?

weams

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed.

The more I think about it, I'd probably just let Davis walk. Even if the Orioles are unwilling to sign Upton or Cespedes. Davis is just too risky to give 20+m over 5+ years.

That's for sure. I hope they do get Upton. This has dragged on for far too long. If

the O's offer is truly off the table then move the hell on. Let Chris sign with the

Nats. In the long run it will be better for the O's. IMO

Has anyone seen even the slightest rumor that the Nationals are even thinking about Davis? Isn't Ryan Zimmerman kind of owed 60M over the next 4 years. With his arm, he's relegated to 1B. Rendon at 3B, Murphy at 2B. Werth owed 42M over the next two years. He's in LF. Harper is in RF. They have Michael Taylor and Ben Rever in CF. I guess you could come up with some plan to have Chris Davis play RF and move Harper to CF but that seems like a reach and a bad idea.

Only the MLBNetwork tag. And they only briefly mentioned it.

I'd say Boras is getting a little desperate to prove to Davis that he is leading him in the right direction

"Teams say agent Scott Boras has been pushing to create options for Chris Davis. Selling him hard as everyday RF/LF option, as well as 1Bman"

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/685629813445529601

Boras is almost out of selling points. What's left? "I would like to remind you all that my client has more pitching wins this decade than Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling combined, and will stop to rescue people trapped within disabled vehicles."

Boras is almost out of selling points. What's left? "I would like to remind you all that my client has more pitching wins this decade than Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling combined, and will stop to rescue people trapped within disabled vehicles."

What is left is holding his nose and taking the very lucrative offer from the O's.

This is what Boras is looking like right about now.

411X38FY8GL.jpg

Hating what I'm hearing out of the organization about Angelos' and his obsession with signing Davis without considering other options. Thought we were past this type of meddling and he would let the front office do their job. Everyone inside and outside of baseball now knows that 7/150 for Davis is a bad contract and an extreme overpay. Everyone seems to know this except for Angelos. If no one else is willing to give Davis more than five years neither should we.

I would be fine with taking him back at 5/110 and could swallow 6/125, although I think that is likely still an overpay. If he signs here at 7/150 I expect this board to erupt in anger, myself included.

Hating what I'm hearing out of the organization about Angelos' and his obsession with signing Davis without considering other options. Thought we were past this type of meddling and he would let the front office do their job. Everyone inside and outside of baseball now knows that 7/150 for Davis is a bad contract and an extreme overpay. Everyone seems to know this except for Angelos. If no one else is willing to give Davis more than five years neither should we.

I would be fine with taking him back at 5/110 and could swallow 6/125, although I think that is likely still an overpay. If he signs here at 7/150 I expect this board to erupt in anger, myself included.

Then Why not get it out of the way now?

I won't be angry.

I'll just start calling them the Phillies.

Of course the Phillies at least got a ring out of it.

Then Why not get it out of the way now?

From what's been reported it seems like Boras is trying to drum up offers from other teams. Until he sits back at the table with us I'm assuming that offer may still be available to him since Angelos wants to "keep the lines open". Maybe a wrong assumption, but I'm not the only one that is skeptical about Chris being willing to take less money than what was originally offered to him to come back.

From what's been reported it seems like Boras is trying to drum up offers from other teams. Until he sits back at the table with us I'm assuming that offer may still be available to him since Angelos wants to "keep the lines open". Maybe a wrong assumption, but I'm not the only one that is skeptical about Chris being willing to take less money than what was originally offered to him to come back.

I'm skeptical that Angelos will lower the offer.

Archived