TT: Something to consider when talking about Hyun Soo Kim

Tony-OH

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Certainly not. When did you join a few years ago? You'd have to post nothing but vile bitterness and conspiracy theories, leavened with a bit of RBIs-and-on-field-violence-are-so-much-better-than-WAR rants, for like three years straight to get on my ignore list.

I joined last year. On the field fights should only happen in football. Make it like hockey, and let them fight!

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

The great Jake Fox plays in Korea. Also went to the University of Michigan. Go Wolverines.

Ahh, Jake Fox, the spring training home runs legend. I didn't know he went to Korea, but looking up his stats is telling.

AA - 29 games / .278/.361/.509/.870, 5HR, 19RBI, 27K/12BB

KBO - 38 games / .278/.339/.509/.848, 7HR, 25RBI, 27/8

I guess the comparison of AA = KBO seems pretty accurate. It's quite a leap, isn't it?

He's chilling out, that makes me happy.

Me too, man. I really want to see him succeed with us. Well, play good enough for us to resign him, then turn into an all star. That way, he'd cost less. :smile11:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You're probably not going to believe this, but Hyun Soo Kim has reached base in 8 of his last 16 plate appearances. Didn't see that coming.</p>— Peter Schmuck (@SchmuckStop) <a href="

">March 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You're probably not going to believe this, but Hyun Soo Kim has reached base in 8 of his last 16 plate appearances. Didn't see that coming.</p>? Peter Schmuck (@SchmuckStop) <a href="

That's awesome!!

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Ahh, Jake Fox, the spring training home runs legend. I didn't know he went to Korea, but looking up his stats is telling.

AA - 29 games / .278/.361/.509/.870, 5HR, 19RBI, 27K/12BB

KBO - 38 games / .278/.339/.509/.848, 7HR, 25RBI, 27/8

I guess the comparison of AA = KBO seems pretty accurate. It's quite a leap, isn't it?

The average player in Korea might be roughly the same as the average player in AA in the US. But it's not the same thing because the spread in talent is far greater in Korea. You have guy who are almost certainly major leaguers of some type playing on the same roster in the same games as guys who might not make a decent indy league team in the US. Not unlike the Cuban League or the Mexican League.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You're probably not going to believe this, but Hyun Soo Kim has reached base in 8 of his last 16 plate appearances. Didn't see that coming.</p>— Peter Schmuck (@SchmuckStop) <a href="

:clap3:

He and Rickard could, potentially, solve the OBP problem.

What do you think the lineup would look like?

1. Rickard

2. Kim

3. Machado

4. Davis

5. Jones

6. Alvarez

7. Joseph/Weiters

8. Hardy

9. Schoop

Having a top three with OBP potential would be amazing. There would be a lot of first inning runs scored. It's just too bad our starters will promptly give them all back. Of course, this assumes Rickard in right field instead of Trumbo which isn't likely to happen right away.

1. Machado

2. Kim

3. Jones

4. Davis

5. Trumbo

6. Alvarez

7. Joseph/Wieters

8. Hardy

9. Schoop

Something like that. I'd like the first one better.

Also, did you know that bat flips after home runs is very, very common in the KBO? Those guys do it constantly. I hope that won't be a problem in MLB.

Walker's homer today did seem wind-blown, if I'm being honest.

You think so? It looked like a shot coming off the bat. Then it seemed to hang up there for awhile. The left fielder looked like he was going to make a play on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedro strikes me as someone who can roll out of bed and hit. Didn't he have 6 RBIs in his first two spring games. Kim? Not so much.

Yeha Pedro was hitting .300. Now he is hitting .190... looks like he has been rolling out on the wrong side of bed...

God I hope he doesnt hit .190... Davis might be a .220 hitter, and trumbo who knows. That would be awful. Davis is hitting into the shift a lot in ST. Isnt ST the time to start working on different things?

Yeha Pedro was hitting .300. Now he is hitting .190... looks like he has been rolling out on the wrong side of bed...

God I hope he doesnt hit .190... Davis might be a .220 hitter, and trumbo who knows. That would be awful. Davis is hitting into the shift a lot in ST. Isnt ST the time to start working on different things?

This is what bothers me the most about Davis, but he is far from the only one. He refuses to make an adjustment to the shift and just keeps hitting into it without making any changes to his approach. Isn't he being

paid enough to work on this or is he just going to be bullheaded while he spits tobacco all over the field and hits the ball right where the defense wants him to hit it? Davis is so ridiculously one dimensional most of the

time. I still can't believe we are paying him that much even if some of it is deferred.

As for Alvarez, he might. He never hit for average. He's all or nothing and can't hit lefties to save his life.

This is what bothers me the most about Davis, but he is far from the only one. He refuses to make an adjustment to the shift and just keeps hitting into it without making any changes to his approach. Isn't he being

paid enough to work on this or is he just going to be bullheaded while he spits tobacco all over the field and hits the ball right where the defense wants him to hit it? Davis is so ridiculously one dimensional most of the

time. I still can't believe we are paying him that much even if some of it is deferred.

As for Alvarez, he might. He never hit for average. He's all or nothing and can't hit lefties to save his life.

That is an unfair attack!

I will have you know that in the past few years Davis has altered his approach.

He is now pulling the ball more than ever.

So get your facts straight!

Does Hyun Soo Kim Have Minor League Options? [emoji41]

I'm sure all the love Rickard is getting here isn't too far from what he's getting from buck and management. Doesn't look good for Kim. Would be a shame to not bring him wth us, I'm just concerned about international relations

Archived