TT: Something to consider when talking about Hyun Soo Kim

Tony-OH

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair enough. Despite his high average, how many times have you seen Kim drive a ball to the Outfield. I'm going with zero.

I don't disagree with what you are saying. I remember a fly early n the road to RC that would've been out at home.

I think it's unfair to judge any baseball player without giving him some regular abs. Moreover the guy is switching countries and everything else at this point.

What concerns me is we are nearly 3 months into the season and we have no idea what this guy can or cannot do at a position we are terribly thin at. Add him to Matusz and that's $11 million dollars of wasted roster space. It's a shame because we have Mancini and Walker who appear ready to contribute. I hope there is a solution and soon.

eh....what's another year. I think next year we will look a lot different and call me excited to see it.

I'm enjoying the winning and will not shed one tear if there is a decision to cut either Matusz or Kim. I'm hoping to see more of what Kim can do but really no skin off my back if that doesn't happen.

What season are we nearly 3 months into, because last I saw opening day was a month and (a tad more than) a week ago.

Buck is the kind of manager who makes up his mind before the season begins how he is going to allocate the playing time, and then he doesn't vary much from that for the first 6/8 weeks unless there's something drastic that happens. I'm fine with that approach. If the O's were 14-23 and Rickard had been a black hole, you'd see Kim playing more now, but fortunately, that's not the situation.

Buck is the kind of manager who makes up his mind before the season begins how he is going to allocate the playing time, and then he doesn't vary much from that for the first 6/8 weeks unless there's something drastic that happens. I'm fine with that approach. If the O's were 14-23 and Rickard had been a black hole, you'd see Kim playing more now, but fortunately, that's not the situation.

Is he though? He was pretty quick to reel the leash in on guys like Snider and Pearce when they struggled out of the gate, and was totally open to start trotting out Delmon Young in the outfield everyday and batting cleanup regularly.

Being the offensive stalwart he already is why would you want him to bunt?

Apparently he's another guy that Showalter is in love with, which means he'll be in the lineup every day until he gets down to the Flaherty line.

I honestly believe, if Kim was in the lineup more often, he'd be a much better hitter than Rickard, who, I'm afraid to say, strikes me as a 240-250 type hitter. But he does have speed. I'll like to see him use it more.

Being the offensive stalwart he already is why would you want him to bunt?

Apparently he's another guy that Showalter is in love with, which means he'll be in the lineup every day until he gets down to the Flaherty line.

Really. I'm a little tired of sub-.700 OPS from the corner outfield spots. If Rickard was playing stellar defense then maybe one could make that argument. But he isn't/hasn't.

His arm hasn't been special. His routes haven't been special. Nothing about his defense has been anything above average.

That doesn't work with a .6xx OPS in a corner outfield spot. I'd be fine with more Kim.

(But) more pointedly, I want to see more Reimold. He has delivered in every opportunity he's been offered this year. What advantage, exactly, does Rickard give us over Reimold?

Speed? push

Defense? push

Arm? Reimold

Power? Reimold

OBP? Reimold

What are we waiting for, Reimold to trip on a parking lot curb and put himself out for the year? Rickard is a Rule 5 should-be-4th-outfielder. Can we please take the splinters out of Reimold's but and use Rickard the way he ought to be used?

I don't know maybe, but last few times Kim has played all we got out of him is weak dribblers to the right side I think Rickard is still the better option of the 2.

Hasn't Kim gotten some doubles? If so then how are his hits just weak dribblers? And weren't some balls he hit that were caught for outs nearly to the warning

track? If so then again how can that be a weak dribbler? Sorry don't mean to be

rude to you.

Archived