Reimold/Rickard/Alvarez: Odd Man Out

BohKnowsBmore

Who is the odd man out?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the odd man out?

• Reimold
    • Rickard
    • Alvarez
    • More than one of them (i.e. Paredes has a spot)

Reimold has been hot the last several games and his spring slash line is now .252/.327/.426. That's pretty much right in line with his career (.250/.327/.432) and 2015 (.247/.344/.394) numbers. I think it's pretty obvious that he'll be on the OD roster. People were burying him based on his slow start this spring, but he's a solid hitter.

Alvarez, meanwhile, is hitting .186/.239/.256. He'll be in Norfolk.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reimold has been hot the last several games and his spring slash line is now .252/.327/.426. That's pretty much right in line with his career (.250/.327/.432) and 2015 (.247/.344/.394) numbers. I think it's pretty obvious that he'll be on the OD roster. People were burying him based on his slow start this spring, but he's a solid hitter.

Alvarez, meanwhile, is hitting .186/.239/.256. He'll be in Norfolk.

When was the last time he played the OF? His job would be to play RF when Trumbo DH's v LHP and split time in LF with Kim/Rickard/etc. He doesn't make sense as a DH v LHP over Trumbo.

D. Alvarez has an option and hasn't had a good spring. He's heading to Norfolk barring an injury.

Acquiring Murphy could get in the way of Reimold making the team but I'm guessing he's going North, especially if the rumors of Kim not making the 25-man become true. Reimold could get some PAs by platooning with Pedro Alvarez at DH.

Dariel Alvarez has an option, and hasn't had a good spring. He's heading to AAA-Norfolk, barring an injury.

Acquiring Murphy could get in the way of Reimold making the team, but I'm guessing he's going North, especially if the rumors of Kim not making the 25-man become true. Reimold could get some PAs by platooning with Pedro Alvarez at DH.

Ideally, the two of them will drive opposing pitchers crazy from that DH position ...... Alvarez with a bunch of home runs and doubles against right-handed pitchers, and Reimold with his patience leading to working the pitch-count and having a reasonably high on-base percentage against left-handed pitchers.

I might be wrong, but it looks like he started ST with a somewhat closed stance (think Pearce), and recently has changed it a bit to be more straight up. He also seems to have basically no leg kick, just a toe tap. Seems to be doing the trick for the moment. That dude needs constant tweeking.

I can think of a particular Oriole who had a successful career while constantly tweaking his stance.

D. Alvarez has an option and hasn't had a good spring. He's heading to Norfolk barring an injury.

Acquiring Murphy could get in the way of Reimold making the team but I'm guessing he's going North, especially if the rumors of Kim not making the 25-man become true. Reimold could get some PAs by platooning with Pedro Alvarez at DH.

Wouldn't it make more sense to platoon Trumbo with Pedro and let a better RH defender play RF?

I assume the implication is that he'd take Alvarez's PA's in a platoon, not that he would necessarily be playing his "position".
Trumbo is a better platoon partner with Pedro at DH than Reimold. Depending on what happens with Kim either Rickard or Avery would be better in RF than Trumbo v LHP. As of now Reimold can't play the OF.

Trumbo is a better platoon partner with Pedro at DH than Reimold. Depending on what happens with Kim either Rickard or Avery would be better in RF than Trumbo v LHP. As of now Reimold can't play the OF.

Yeah...I don't think Trumbo plays the outfield vs a LHP this year, and I don't think that he meant to imply that he would, though the wording didn't make that clear.

The situation has gotten to the point where I wish the Orioles would have just given Fowler what he wanted whether it's an opt-out clause or more annual money or an extra year in the contract. The Orioles outfield is a complete mess.

Left field would still be a mess. Unless you think they would run Trumbo out in left and make Nolan the everyday dh?

Have you forgotten about Joey Rickard? With his spring he's now somewhere in the Al Bumbry-Ichiro-Frankie Frisch-Ty Cobb continuum.

How is Trumbo in right more "messed up" than Fowler? I mean sure there is a downgrade there with range but I don't think it's "fine" to "total mess" level downgrade.

Archived