Reimold/Rickard/Alvarez: Odd Man Out

BohKnowsBmore

Who is the odd man out?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the odd man out?

• Reimold
    • Rickard
    • Alvarez
    • More than one of them (i.e. Paredes has a spot)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but they don't have the luxury of sending Reimold anywhere. So he either gets paid to be on the roster or paid to be on someone else's roster.

The options thing will likely become a concern - but not until it has to be a concern. In other words, I think the OD roster will not be built for option-able players.

Alvarez is going to have to blow everyone away to make the team.

Reimold is probably a solid platoon option with Kim, if needed. And he can also sort-of play all three OF positions. I think he has to play his way off of the team - or get hurt.

I think we'll see Parades and Rickard fighting for the last roster spot.

Rickard offers a unique skill set as a bench player - in that (it sounds like) he can backup all three OF positions, and also add an element of speed off of the bench. That might have value as a 25th man.

Parades looked like a really solid hitter for 3 months - then, not so much. He has no position. I actually think he might be a very solid hitter one day. But I don't think he adds any value as a 25th man.

With the roster shaping up with players who will largely play every day, I think your bench is Joseph, Flaherty, Reimold, and Rickard to start the season.

I'd pick Rickard over Parades or Reimold. Reimold is just there in case Kim fails, but I'd want Rickard because that guy could be a diamond In the rough

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Even with Fowler, I'm going with Alvarez. Mostly because he has an option so starting him in AAA gives the Orioles the chance NOT to use it.

Its Reimold's job to lose.

Rickard will be given every chance to stick so they can keep him.

That being said, I suspect Alvarez will get his shot this year do to some combination of injury/slumping at the major league level.

I'd pick Rickard over Parades or Reimold. Reimold is just there in case Kim fails, but I'd want Rickard because that guy could be a diamond In the rough

My concern with Rickard, is Tampa that rich with prospects, that they couldn't get him?

He also only has 29 games at AAA, is he really ready for the bigs?

Some guys are just ready for the bigs like Machado/Schoop

You make a valid point, Manny more so than Schoop was.

Again, it brings me back. Tampa is not a loaded club, and if he was so talented and ready, why did they let him go, this is their type of player, cheap.

You make a valid point, Manny more so than Schoop was.

Again, it brings me back. Tampa is not a loaded club, and if he was so talented and ready, why did they let him go, this is their type of player, cheap.

I think they just have too many OF'ers on their 40.

Corey Dickerson

Brandon Guyer

Desmond Jennings

Kevin Kiermaier

Mikie Mahtook

Taylor Motter

Steven Souza Jr.

Steve Pearce (depending how you count him)

The only guys on there without a real major league resume are Motter and Mahtook. I honestly don't know a ton about Motter**, but Mahtook is a former 1st rounder and top-100 prospect, so Rickard wasn't going to take his spot on the 40. Sometimes its just a numbers game.

** Some quick googling makes it sound like the Rays really like him, although he was unprotected from the Rule 5 at one point in the past.

• 2 weeks later...
o

With the signing of Pedro Alvarez to a one-year contract, it's a little more crowded on the roster for the players that are on the bubble.

I think fowler out and Alvarez in makes this a competition between Nolan and dariel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived