Just go trade for Jay Bruce or Markakis

oriolesacox

The same Joey Rickard that has 89 at bats above AA ball. The same Joey Rickard that has absolutely no pop whatsoever. A below average ISO (.114) even in the minors.

I hope the guy does well, too, but the level of Kool-Aid being consumed around the OH right now is out of control.

Why, because a guy who had a fairly promising 2015 is being considered as one of several options to fill a part-time role?

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick is under contract for 3 more years, and the Orioles didn't want to go that long with him.

They were fine going four years with him until the neck issue came up. Now that Nick has had successful surgery and gotten through a full season healthy with no time missed, they might feel three years is a good risk. Or, they might have no interest in having a RF whose ISO has been under .100 in two of the last three years, no matter how long the contract is.

It really doesn't matter, because it's not happening.

Why, because a guy who had a fairly promising 2015 is being considered as one of several options to fill a part-time role?

No. Because there are people actually talking about plugging players who've never had a major league at bat into the leadoff spot and calling it done as if it's that easy.

No. Because there are people actually talking about plugging players who've never had a major league at bat into the leadoff spot and calling it done as if it's that easy.

Maybe I missed something, but I thought the statement was something like "I'd like to see how Rickard does batting leadoff." Not "Let's give Rickard 700 at bats leading off because he'll definitely be awesome."

The same Joey Rickard that has 89 at bats above AA ball. The same Joey Rickard that has absolutely no pop whatsoever. A below average ISO (.114) even in the minors.

I hope the guy does well, too, but the level of Kool-Aid being consumed around the OH right now is out of control.

I am glad I am not drinking it. I want Bruce or Alvarez.

I am glad I am not drinking it. I want Bruce or Alvarez.

I want Bruce or Jackson (I don't want to see Trumbo in RF as the primary option, even if he does have a good arm).

If Bruce is cheap, I think that's the best option. Manny leads off unless Kim shows he can do it in spring training. Bruce fits into the 5-6 spot in the order if he rebounds. If not, Reimold/Rickard/Alvarez/etc see more playing time and Bruce is gone at the end of the year.

I want Bruce or Jackson (I don't want to see Trumbo in RF as the primary option, even if he does have a good arm).

If Bruce is cheap, I think that's the best option. Manny leads off unless Kim shows he can do it in spring training. Bruce fits into the 5-6 spot in the order if he rebounds. If not, Reimold/Rickard/Alvarez/etc see more playing time and Bruce is gone at the end of the year.

Psssst. Trumbo is better than Nick in the outfield.

Someone convince me that Bruce can rebound and I'm on board. Otherwise I feel safer with Jackson.

First Half Determined by All-Star

Split G GS PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+ sOPS+

1st Half 84 82 343 299 35 75 19 3 13 42 6 4 42 76 .251 .341 .465 .806 139 5 0 0 2 5 1 .292 123 126

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=bruceja01&year=2015&t=b#half::none

He tanked like Cruz does when he didn't get traded. Or something. He was Fire up until then.

Archived