Just go trade for Jay Bruce or Markakis

oriolesacox

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You forgot about the bad defense.

You forgot about the Golden Glove award two seasons ago. Awarded by the vote of managers and coaches with a 25% allowance for sabremetric input. I don't get all the sneering condescension. He didn't get relegated to a wheel chair since then. Also don't see why no one cares about last year's .296 BA and 38 doubles.

You forgot about the Golden Glove award two seasons ago. Awarded by the vote of managers and coaches with a 25% allowance for sabremetric input. I don't get all the sneering condescension. He didn't get relegated to a wheel chair since then. Also don't see why no one cares about last year's .296 BA and 38 doubles.

I don't ever forget about Gold Gloves.

I do know how much a Gold Glove means.

Nick has been slow for a while now' date=' but he caught what he could get to and had a strong arm.

The strong arm looks to be gone.

[url']http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2015/9/23/9359885/nick-markakis-arm-assists-uzr-drs-braves-mlb[/url]

Nick has been slow for a while now, but he caught what he could get to and had a strong arm.

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2015/9/23/9359885/nick-markakis-arm-assists-uzr-drs-braves-mlb

It has something to do with age, and where he's used to playing. Camden's RF isn't that deep or large, where as Atlanta's makes more sense to go after balls while riding on a lawn mower than running to the balls.

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Nick has been slow for a while now, but he caught what he could get to and had a strong arm.

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2015/9/23/9359885/nick-markakis-arm-assists-uzr-drs-braves-mlb

This is exactly what I was referring to. On what basis does your opinion and those of other Markakis detractors supersede the views of the major league coaches and managers who watched him play all year. Arrogance.

Most of our roster are well into, or will be very soon there decline years

Hardy, Jones, O'day, Davis, Jiminez, Gallardo, Gonzo, Wieters, .....

The re-build is coming and delaying it like DD has done the last 18 months is just going to make it take longer and be more painful.

Need to get younger, faster, and more athletic. Need OF'ers who can run and catch a baseball... not Nick Markakis

8 out of 25 is most. Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the board.

Unfortunately, this keeps getting brought up and I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to bring Nick back to a full time position that isn't driven by sentimental reasons. Nick was very good for us but the team has moved on. He's getting older and was already in decline before he left.

The only way I would consider it is if we had the DH available and Nick could spell the corner OF's once a week. Otherwise, I'll take the upgrade in defense and speed that a guy like Rickard can bring over Nick's cement shoes.

If and that's a big word IF the braves would take a couple of low end prospects would you be ok with that trade? Or has that ship sailed? My opinion if it didn't cost us any top 10 prospectsI would be ok with it he would bring a good obp, still hits doubles but you get no home run production and no speed

I don't think that would be a good idea. IMO

I'd take on Nick and his full 3/$33 mm if the player traded was someone with a very low ceiling.

Regarding Nick's throwing, I'll be interested to see if it's better this year. People forget that he wasn't able to work out at all during the 2014-15 offseason and had only about 10 days of spring training. To me it's very impressive that he played 156 games and posted a .290+ BA and a .360 OBP under those circumstances. Granted, his power (which hasn't been too great in recent years in any event) was sapped and his arm wasn't as strong, but I think we'll see both those aspects of his game rebound a bit this season, since he was able to have his normal offseason workouts. Even if I'm wrong about that, I think the OBP and consistency would be an asset for us.

All that said, there's no way it's happening and I'm amazed that the subject keeps coming up.

The man is slow. He is just not good anymore. IMO.

Archived