The Spring Training Overreaction Thread

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had horrible problems streaming the game yesterday on mlb.tv (the stream kept repeating sections endlessly and crashing, so I finally had to give up) but at some point when Flaherty was hitting I could have sworn I heard Bordick say of his hot pre-season start, "He's going to be a great hitter at the major league level." Sure, Mike. :rolleyestf:

I had horrible problems streaming the game yesterday on mlb.tv (the stream kept repeating sections endlessly and crashing, so I finally had to give up) but at some point when Flaherty was hitting I could have sworn I heard Bordick say of his hot pre-season start, "He's going to be a great hitter at the major league level." Sure, Mike. :rolleyestf:

I'm surprised he didn't already concede his greatness with the stick!

On MLBTV, at first I could not get the O's game (but got other games) via Smart tv app but was able via laptop from MLB website to get O's game. Later on, I got the game on TV - odd. Also, I have opted for the one team payment, $89 vice the $140 for all teams. During these ST games, however, I was able to stream all games yesterday. Is this a special for one week - not sure? The delay with streaming is sometimes funny. I get text messages or updates when scores change. Sometimes, I hear a beep and I know a homer has happened before I see it on the delayed stream.

It sounds like even Roch is. We haven't won a game and everyone getting shelled.

DD made a hint about getting a lefty, does anyone have any thoughts if these issues might be addressed? Wildcard, what are your thoughts?

Clearly, as another poster said yesterday, you will need 7-9 starters and our 6-9 are pretty bad.

I still question the coaching staff. Buck is a genius, but doesn't always pick the best itching or hitting coaches. Won't fix everything, but might help.

What say you? Definitely scary to watch.

It sounds like even Roch is. We haven't won a game and everyone getting shelled. DD made a hint about getting a lefty, does anyone have any thoughts if these issues might be addressed? Wildcard, what are your thoughts? Clearly, as another poster said yesterday, you will need 7-9 starters and our 6-9 are pretty bad. I still question the coaching staff. Buck is a genius, but doesn't always pick the best itching or hitting coaches. Won't fix everything, but might help. What say you? Definitely scary to watch.
I dont buy those hints one bit about shopping for a lefty, aint none out there. I am not going to beat Buck up on his coach selection either, they are still the winiest team in MLB for 4 years, so he must be doing something right. Am I concern, sure, but not to the point of drinking kool-aid, it is ST, and still early.

I'm not concerned when none of our first 5 SP have had more than two outings. A lot of the pitchers who won't be on the team haven't looked too good. BTW Wallace is one of the most respected pitching coaches in the game. We are lucky to have him.

I'm not concerned when none of our first 5 SP have had more than two outings. A lot of the pitchers who won't be on the team haven't looked too good. BTW Wallace is one of the most respected pitching coaches in the game. We are lucky to have him.

You are right sir. I didn't mean any disrespect to Wallace, just prefer Kranitz. Grasping for straws here.....I think maybe the talent just isn't there. I know Eduard Rodriguez is hurt, but I would feel better with him in the back end of this staff.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Counting today, orioles have been outscored 87-38 this spring. Luckily, spring games mean zippo.</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">March 11, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-49 run differential. Pretty impressive.

Mike Wright and some guy named Horacek got shelled today. Neither is in the rotation.

Out of Ulbaldo, Gallardo, Gonzo, Tillman and Guasman I've only seen two shellings both were first spring outings. You are over-reacting.

Archived