The Spring Training Overreaction Thread

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike Wright and some guy named Horacek got shelled today. Neither is in the rotation.

Out of Ulbaldo, Gallardo, Gonzo, Tillman and Guasman I've only seen two shellings both were first spring outings. You are over-reacting.

I think you are missing the point. You will need more than 5 starters during the season and the "next men up" are the ones getting shelled. That's the point here.

I think you are missing the point. You will need more than 5 starters during the season and the "next men up" are the ones getting shelled. That's the point here.
You cant make rash judgements based on ST results, they don't always translate to the regular season, good and bad.

You cant make rash judgements based on ST results, they don't always translate to the regular season, good and bad.

Oh definitely, but 0-10 and our pitching is "no bueno". It's nothing to ignore, that's for sure.

Pitching has been poor for sure. Veteran pitchers often work to get ready and the first starts are often not reflective of what you should see in the near future. I am frankly more concerned about the terrible hitting. IMO it has been worse than the pitching.

You have no idea what O's pitchers have been working on in game...so counting runs now is pointless.[/quote

True, maybe they are working on the gopher ball:) I kid, your point is valid but many of these kids are competing for a roster spot, I don't think Wright, Wilson and others are just working on their pitches with a margarita and their feet back.

<LOL> Folks are in denial

This is a bad team, and if thing go just a little wrong could easily lose 90-95 games.

We don't have a single starter that is league average. Perhaps Gausman will emerge.

I have no hope for Tillman or Gonzo especially since they have to deal with our horrid

OF defense.

Oh definitely, but 0-10 and our pitching is "no bueno". It's nothing to ignore, that's for sure.
Ignore and rash judgements are two different things. These are not big league parks, and according to Buck, even the best of Outfielders like AJ have trouble shagging flies in these conditions. You got mixed squads, and not like you are playing your everyday lineup.

Ignore and rash judgements are two different things. These are not big league parks, and according to Buck, even the best of Outfielders like AJ have trouble shagging flies in these conditions. You got mixed squads, and not like you are playing your everyday lineup.

I don't understand these comments. The other team is on the same field. The other teams are playing a bunch of scrubs. To lose 10 straight games takes more than bad luck, it is evidence of a disparity in talent,

that won't miraculously go away on opening day.

Archived