The Spring Training Overreaction Thread

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much stock would you put in a 10-0 record if we had done that?

If the Orioles had a 10-0 record the only posting you would get from webbrick would be about a player going 0 for 3 and a couple strike outs. The silence would be deafening.

<LOL> Folks are in denial

This is a bad team, and if thing go just a little wrong could easily lose 90-95 games.

We don't have a single starter that is league average. Perhaps Gausman will emerge.

I have no hope for Tillman or Gonzo especially since they have to deal with our horrid

OF defense.

Kim made a great play in the OF today. Rickard is a good OF defender. Jones is Jones. Trumbo hasnt looked horrid recently.

Hitters dont look good though.

Wright did have 6 ks through 3 IP today. The runs he gave up were on hits that were incredibly weak hits just bad luck. A bouncer through the INF 5.5 hole, a weak hit just out of reach of the SS, and a bloop that was barely out of reach of the 2b.

If we were sending out our projected opening day lineup every game, I'd understand the panic. But probably only one of the position players today will be in that first game. It's been a mix most games thus far and certainly the away games (regulars not traveling). Pitchers are working on specific pitches now, mechanics, etc. not at the point of how to get through a lineup two or three times and get to the bullpen. They are not as bad as they look at 0-10 and not as good as they'd appear if they were 9-1. 236ba9d6b7522aec3570d2696b76116e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we were sending out our projected opening day lineup every game, I'd understand the panic. But probably only one of the position players today will be in that first game. It's been a mix most games thus far and certainly the away games (regulars not traveling). Pitchers are working on specific pitches now, mechanics, etc. not at the point of how to get through a lineup two or three times and get to the bullpen. They are not as bad as they look at 0-10 and not as good as they'd appear if they were 9-1. 236ba9d6b7522aec3570d2696b76116e.jpg

I guess you could go with this argument if they looked better in Sarasota with their regular lineup, but I've been to games and they haven't.

I guess you could go with this argument if they looked better in Sarasota with their regular lineup' date=' but I've been to games and they haven't.[/quote']

Not sure which of the split squad games counted towards the W-L tally in Sararsota, so it looks like either 5 or six at home. I don't disagree they've looked bad, but the minor league lineup losses added to that which on the surface looks like a staggering 0-10 overall, is exaggerated. They will improve.

Life is disappointing enough to get depressed over the first two weeks of spring training. I'm more into taking some cuts myself in the cage and getting my two girls in the yard for some games of catch and pepper. Wake me up on opening day.

Yeah I was really counting on Wright to be our ace.

Why were you counting on a guy with 44 innings of major league experience with a 6.00 ERA and a 1.567 WHIP in those innings as an Ace? And of that 14.1 innings on his first 2 starts were amazing, and then not a quality start.

He ought to be ready for the majors after 200+ innings of AA and AAA. But it's realistic to expect him to be an Ace.

Why were you counting on a guy with 44 innings of major league experience with a 6.00 ERA and a 1.567 WHIP in those innings as an Ace? And of that 14.1 innings on his first 2 starts were amazing, and then not a quality start.

He ought to be ready for the majors after 200+ innings of AA and AAA. But it's realistic to expect him to be an Ace.

I believe he was being sarcastic.

Archived