2016 AL East Prediction Thread

Rene88

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To predict the order , I would prefer to have the final rosters and the injuries that will happen in Spring training. I see no reason to jump the gun before then.

Oh come on - put 'em on the line.

Sux

Jays

Os

Skankees

Rays

Orioles

Blue Jays

Red Sox

Yankees

Rays

I think the Orioles offense will be as good as the Blue Jays and the pitching is close, Boston and NY are about the same, Tampa has the best rotation but will struggle to score runs.

• 2 months later...

Great win last night. Loved it! However looking at the schedule for the rest of May it's on the weaker side so we need to win these because realistically our schedule will get much harder. Except for the Padres in June, it's going to be tough sledding.

Enjoy the ride, but keep perspective.

To me, our success has and always will depend on our starting pitching. I hope Gausman stays dominant and Gallardo isn't as bad as we saw earlier, then we may have serious staying power.

Go O's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, I don't really see things that way.

We obviously have a ton of games remaining against our AL East brethren. The Yankees look like a shell of their former selves, and I predict a total collapse from them as the season progresses.

The Rays look like nothing special, the Jays have under-performed thus far, and the Red Sox pitching has not been up to par. I don't think their offense will be sustainable either.

It really all comes down to the way our guys play and perform. If our offense is clicking and the starting pitching keeps things close, we'll have a solid chance at beating anyone.

We were supposed to be the second worst team in the AL only ahead of Oakland. We're 9-5 in our division and 9-4 against the central. We can play with anybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who said that??

the Red Sox pitching has not been up to par. I don't think their offense will be sustainable either.

I didnt think the Red Sux would do much this year but Im already tired of them with this last place to tied for first run and hanging. They're starting to get on my nerves. Time for them to drop 8 of 10!

Meh, I don't really see things that way.

We obviously have a ton of games remaining against our AL East brethren. The Yankees look like a shell of their former selves, and I predict a total collapse from them as the season progresses.

The Rays look like nothing special, the Jays have under-performed thus far, and the Red Sox pitching has not been up to par. I don't think their offense will be sustainable either.

It really all comes down to the way our guys play and perform. If our offense is clicking and the starting pitching keeps things close, we'll have a solid chance at beating anyone.

Just over 20% into the season. Too early to pronounce the Yankees as finished. If they can cobble together enough QS's they will stick around. I tend to agree with you about the Rays but head-to-head they are a nightmare b/c of their starting pitching. Blue Jays Bautista, Encarnacion and Donaldson will click at some point as well, and the Jays will go on a tear.

As for the Red Sox, lot of young talent plus a revived Pedroia, and a healthy Hanley. I'm thinking the Sox are legit.

o

Odds of Winning the World Series:) 60-1

Projected Record:) 82-80 (4th in A.L. East)

ESPN MLB Power Rankings O(Preseason)

11) Chicago Cubs

12) Kansas City Royals

13) San Francisco Giants

14) New York Mets

15) Houston Astros

16) Toronto Blue Jays

17) St. Louis Cardinals

18) Boston Red Sox

19) Texas Rangers

10) Los Angeles Dodgers

11) Pittsburgh Pirates

12) Washington Nationals

13) New York Yankees

14) Arizona Diamondbacks

15) Detroit Tigers

16) California Angels

17) Cleveland Indians

18) Tampa Bay Devil Rays

19) Seattle Mariners

20) Chicago White Sox

21) Minnesota Twins

22) Florida Marlins

23) BALTIMORE ORIOLES

24) San Diego Padres

25) Colorado Rockies

26) Oakland Athletics

27) Milwaukee Brewers

28) Cincinnati Reds

29) Atlanta Braves

30) Philadelphia Phillies

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/seasonpreview_orioles/no-23-baltimore-orioles

o

Boston is the best team in the AL right now and it's not close. That of course can change as the season progresses.

Baltimore is just as good as anyone else in the league. I can't figure out why the experts thought they were worse than Tampa Bay.

Archived