Slugger Pedro Alvarez Signs w Orioles (1 yr: 5.75 + 1.5 potential bonuses) OFFICIAL

Birds08

So the real cost is 6 million dollars and Andrew Triggs, assuming he is picked up by another club, and I think he will be.

Perhaps Triggs will never be anything, perhaps Alvarez adds nothing to the record of the O's in 2016.

I'd rather have a pitching prospect than another DH on a team that doesn't have a COF'er

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the real cost is 6 million dollars and Andrew Triggs, assuming he is picked up by another club, and I think he will be.

Perhaps Triggs will never be anything, perhaps Alvarez adds nothing to the record of the O's in 2016.

I'd rather have a pitching prospect than another DH on a team that doesn't have a COF'er

I think what you mean is you'd rather have another reason to complain. Congrats, it sounds stupid to say you'd rather have Triggs than Alvarez.

I think that there is a much better chance of Alvarez of adding in a positive way to the Oriole record this year then Triggs ever does. You would rather have a 26 year old "prospect" that has never recorded an out in the Majors for a player that has averaged 29 HR and 88 RBI in 6 major league seasons and who is only 28? I just don't understand that logic.

Obvious "let me find something to complain about for everything" shtick is obvious.

Why. Is he not good there? And if not, what data supports that in a large enough sample size. I get it that everyone wanted Fowler instead.

His metrics are like a 1B in RF. He'll get better over the year, but I digress. Can't believe we let Triggs go

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Pedro Alvarez is the one guy we have acquired that I have no doubt will produce in a big way. The guy can hit. In the AL we have the DH rule, and Pedro can mash. In our ballpark? The sky is the limit. The guy signed here to play himself into position for a big contract next year. He is going to hit, and hit well.

Pedro Alvarez is the one guy we have acquired that I have no doubt will produce in a big way. The guy can hit. In the AL we have the DH rule, and Pedro can mash. In our ballpark? The sky is the limit. The guy signed here to play himself into position for a big contract next year. He is going to hit, and hit well.

He signed here because it was the second week of March and he didn't have a job.

His metrics are like a 1B in RF. He'll get better over the year, but I digress. Can't believe we let Triggs go

Certainly like the Alvarez deal - he'll add thunder to the order.

Agree with you that I'm not enamored with releasing Triggs (there are a few others I'd have let go before him), but I suspect we believe we'll be able to sign him back shortly. That's my hope.

Certainly like the Alvarez deal - he'll add thunder to the order.

Agree with you that I'm not enamored with releasing Triggs (there are a few others I'd have let go before him), but I suspect we believe we'll be able to sign him back shortly. That's my hope.

That's my hope too

I think that there is a much better chance of Alvarez of adding in a positive way to the Oriole record this year then Triggs ever does. You would rather have a 26 year old "prospect" that has never recorded an out in the Majors for a player that has averaged 29 HR and 88 RBI in 6 major league seasons and who is only 28? I just don't understand that logic.

Of course you are right. And I believe the Triggs will come to terms. And if he doesn't? He was #40 on a 40 man roster. Alvarez is a 10 oWAR player.

I am a little surprised that Triggs is the guy they let go, although I don't have a better alternative. Roch's speculation is they will try to re-sign him to a minor league deal. Fortunately (?) he has not pitched great this spring so that may give us some leverage. It is possible they already have a handshake on a deal in place like when we released Pearce.

I am a little surprised that Triggs is the guy they let go, although I don't have a better alternative. Roch's speculation is they will try to re-sign him to a minor league deal. Fortunately (?) he has not pitched great this spring so that may give us some leverage. It is possible they already have a handshake on a deal in place like when we released Pearce.

Paredes

Archived