Miguel Gonzalez option available

srock

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the type of outlook that always leaves you a step behind, buying high and selling low. Anyone could see the Norris regression coming. He had no history of outperforming his peripherals until 2014 (the opposite, in fact). To expect it to continue was foolish, though he pitched even worse than most projections expected.

This exactly. We got better than we could have expected out of him and should have been ready to move him. I don't buy the notion they were looking to deal him. They were comfortable with him in the rotation.

But after you don't trade him. You start him. For half the year.

And when you do that, he loses all his value which he did. Norris shouldn't have been given that chance. His statistics clearly showed that year to be an anomaly. Either you trade him immediately for full value or you trot him out there and let him piss that value away. If Norris had a better history, it's a different story, but he didn't.

Don't forget Santa. :2yay-thumb:

You calling Santa and the Tooth Fairy figments of my more impressionable, youthful imagination that were encouraged and perpetuated, at least in part, by well a meaning, but nonetheless deceitful, maternal figure?

You monsters.

Norris was coming off a 16-win impressive season the year before though. He had earned his spot in the rotation before the season started. Miggy is coming off a terrible second half that was attributed to injury issues by some, but if he continues to get pounded I could see the Orioles sending him to the minors as the 5th starter and only bring him up when they need a 5th starter regularly.

I think the remainder of spring training is important for Gonzo. He hasn't pitched well so far, to be sure, and he will need to improve considerably to hold his spot in the rotation. However, I'm not going to get too panicked about a couple of shaky outings at the beginning of spring training. The later outings matter more -- starting with tonight.

I think the remainder of spring training is important for Gonzo. He hasn't pitched well so far, to be sure, and he will need to improve considerably to hold his spot in the rotation. However, I'm not going to get too panicked about a couple of shaky outings at the beginning of spring training. The later outings matter more -- starting with tonight.

Wright looked real good yesterday according to Tony.

Archived