Gausman has cortisone shot

jabba72

How cool would it be to have someone who tore up their primary arm try and learn how to throw with the other one? There has been a couple ambidextrous pitchers before, include one that is currently active, so it is within the realm of possibility.

Gio Gonzalez did when he was a teenager.

I know Billy Wagner had to switch to throwing lefty because he injured his right arm. Didn't stop him from becoming one of the greatest closers of all time. Of course that kinda stuff is an extreme rarity.
Gio Gonzalez did when he was a teenager.

Neat and neat.

But I was specifically talking about someone who had already made the majors. Would make a better movie. ;)

It's starting to get worrisome how fragile the O's arms are. At least the ones they draft.

I guess you don't follow other teams. We are luckier than most teams with pitchers injuries.

Over the last 2 seasons, the Orioles have been the worst team in the Major Leagues in terms of giving runs back in the half inning immediately following an inning in which their offense scored runs ...... unless you take the actual statistics into account.

Sincerely,

schittenden

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/member.php/20762-schittenden

How cool would it be to have someone who tore up their primary arm try and learn how to throw with the other one? There has been a couple ambidextrous pitchers before, include one that is currently active, so it is within the realm of possibility.

I think we could probably make the case for guys currently healthy who should consider it.

I guess you don't follow other teams. We are luckier than most teams with pitchers injuries.

I guess it just seems like it happens to the Orioles more. Since the SP depth is so bad, and it seems to happen to almost every young SP we pin all our hopes on. Atleast lately.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Gausman targeting first or second week of season for return. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> dont need 5th starter til 9th game of the season.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">March 22, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Correction re: Gausman, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> would need a fifth starter on April 10, their sixth game of the season.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">March 22, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I guess it just seems like it happens to the Orioles more. Since the SP depth is so bad, and it seems to happen to almost every young SP we pin all our hopes on. Atleast lately.

Short memory? We had pretty much zero pitching injuries in 2014. I think the only significant one was Ubaldo twisting his ankle in the parking lot (coincidentally when he was leading the league in walks and his delivery was all over the place).

You are right that the injuries seem to hit our elite prospects, but overall I would say we have had an average or even good track record when it comes to pitching injuries.

Archived