Orioles trying to get out of Kim contract? (Kim stays on roster)

Ohfan67

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that it's been reported, the cat's out of the bag. There's no ending to this that won't leave someone upset.

The fact that they have talked about it isn't good. Even worse it got out. DD certainly didn't squash it. Maybe they want it out there? Hope Kim wants to go back home?

Now that it's been reported, the cat's out of the bag. There's no ending to this that won't leave someone upset.

I have to agree. If DD allegedly offended Chen and his camp irrevocably by sending him to Bowie or wherever, to have this leaked does not bode well for anything but him severing ties with the O's. I'd personally prefer Kim to continue to get at bats in Norfolk in April, but I'm not sure what kind of toes the O's are stepping on with someone from another culture if it's suggested he go to AAA. Perhaps it's already been discussed, Kim and agent said no and it's a matter of a settlement and a return to KBO.

Rickard sure seems to have all the tools that was desired from Kim.

Gee. Could have sworn I read a Duquette quote not that long ago that said that "Kim is better than Kang". Pretty embarassing if they are giving up on Kim already although I think it's probably the right baseball move. Let's see.

1. The Korean kid that caused the ruckus who most considered a non prospect

2. Yoon

3. Kim

Who is our Far East scout again? We did well with Chen but he played in a real league, in Japan.

The MacPhail regime deserves much, if not all of the credit for Chen.

I'm

Gee. Could have sworn I read a Duquette quote not that long ago that said that "Kim is better than Kang". Pretty embarassing if they are giving up on Kim already although I think it's probably the right baseball move. Let's see.

1. The Korean kid that caused the ruckus who most considered a non prospect

2. Yoon

3. Kim

Who is our Far East scout again? We did well with Chen but he played in a real league, in Japan.

I believe our top Far East scout is Roy Pointevint, who absolutely should be fired if Kim is a bust. By the way, he gets no credit for Chen, who the O's were heavily interested in before Pointevint was hired by DD.

I'm

I believe our top Far East scout is Roy Pointevint, who absolutely should be fired if Kim is a bust. By the way, he gets no credit for Chen, who the O's were heavily interested in before Pointevint was hired by DD.

Well said and true about the Chen signing, boy do we miss Chen ALREADY.

Archived