Orioles trying to get out of Kim contract? (Kim stays on roster)

Ohfan67

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Kim is a victim because he cant hit and its DD and BS fault? Or its the cold-hearted system? So Kim gets $7 million and he's the victim? You used to say "only in America" but no longer I guess.

I took that quote to mean that while Korean fans are outraged at how Kim has been treated by the FO, they are also uncomfortable with the fact that Kim can stick to the terms of his contract and resist a move to the minors while still collecting $7M, which his right under a contract enforced by "cold hearted American capitalism."

Notice the "but" between the two thoughts.

146 pages on Kim, approaching Davis numbers. There are no new facts and just a lot of speculation and similar opinions over and over. This is the 25th guy on the roster, about equivalent to a rule 5 draft guy, except for the salary.Time for the moderators to put this thread to bed until some new information is discovered IMO.

146 pages on Kim, approaching Davis numbers. There are no new facts and just a lot of speculation and similar opinions over and over. This is the 25th guy on the roster, about equivalent to a rule 5 draft guy, except for the salary.Time for the moderators to put this thread to bed until some new information is discovered IMO.[/quote

]

It always cracks me up. If you don't like the thread, don't read it. It's a message board. There are 146 pages because its obvious something people want to talk and speculate about. If we shut down every thread when there were no new facts we'd have about 2 open threads.

I'm glad it cracks you up. This thread has become an unmessage vs message, it is like the movie Groundhog Day.

So the question is does Kim stay around long enough to get a pie?

Also Kevin Gregg's last year with the O's Buck tended to only use him if the game was out of reach. The only close wins he pitched in were him pitching in extra innings when everyone else was used up. So he is another example of a guy who was kept only becaue he was owed millions.

Pretty sure the pie thing has been put to an end

We should start a poll on that. And how many AB's he'll get in the season.

Around 280-300. I also predict that if he gets 100 AB's by the end of May and is hitting .400, he will remain the 25th man/5th outfielder and the perception in Korea will still be that the Orioles treated him disrespectfully. Understandably. It's been that clumsy a process. Certain colleges teach classes in sports management. This should be a case study in how to cause the greatest damage with the least effort.

Me neither. If/when he does start, though, it'll be on the road. Give the fans a little time to cool off on the whole thing. Still really dumb that anybody booed him.

I suspect, he wont play his first game, until the Orioles are in a mop up win, or getting their tail kicked.

Archived