Janish will be missed if he opts out (He stayed)

wildcard

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 PA <<<<<< 1242 PA

Also, his "decent" stint resulted in a wRC+ of 69.

His value isn't with his bat, but at least when he was up last season for a short stay, he wasn't an automatic out.

And maybe, he has learned to hit a bit more, then when he was first came into the leagues.

Janish is a good guy to have stashed in AAA. He's not a guy you worry about finding a place for on the 25-man roster. You can do worse in your utility spot, but his value is his ability to play a decent defensive SS and make some contact with the bat.

His value isn't with his bat, but at least when he was up last season for a short stay, he wasn't an automatic out.

And maybe, he has learned to hit a bit more, then when he was first came into the leagues.

His OBP was less than his BA, so he pretty much was an automatic out. Of course, Hardy was too.......

Make your jokes but keeping Hardy fresh and DH-ING on occasion has more value than you think.

But hey, making jokes about Janish is fun, don't let me stop you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no value in DHing a guy who can't get an OBP of .300

Janish is a good guy to have stashed in AAA. He's not a guy you worry about finding a place for on the 25-man roster. You can do worse in your utility spot, but his value is his ability to play a decent defensive SS and make some contact with the bat.

This guy is a FA and can pick it too.

Make your jokes but keeping Hardy fresh and DH-ING on occasion has more value than you think.

But hey, making jokes about Janish is fun, don't let me stop you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flaherty is fine with filling in for Hardy when he needs a day off. If a long term injury occurred, Machado could move over to SS if needed and God help us Alvarez could move from DH to 3B. Tolleson is also stashed in AAA/ Hopefully Janish will go down to Norfolk and await his chance.

Flaherty is fine with filling in for Hardy when he needs a day off. If a long term injury occurred, Machado could move over to SS if needed and God help us Alvarez could move from DH to 3B. Tolleson is also stashed in AAA/ Hopefully Janish will go down to Norfolk and await his chance.

I can be convinced that is a good plan for backup infield. So who do you have for the last spot on the 25? Kim, Avery, or door number 3?

I was happy to have Janish as insurance at AAA last season, and I'd be happy to have him available at Norfolk this season too. But he was available at Norfolk last year because nobody wanted him on their major league roster last offseason. What makes people think that teams would be lining up to sign him to their opening day roster if the O's don't have room for him?

I'd much rather use that roster spot for David Murphy.

.286 last season in his short time up.

I'm in awe. Awwwwwww. That awwwesome .286 went with a .649 OPS and 75 OPS+. Tiny SSS. Should not have changed anyone's minds about him unless you think SS's improve as age 30 goes farther away from the rear view mirror. I hope he does well, and if it's for another team - that's perfectly fine.

Archived