Trumbo's defense & Crush

Rene88

Are you a believer that Davis is significantly better in right field than Trumbo?

I trust your judgement sir and I know you have seen more games than I this ST. Baffled you don't see the concern. We will be discussing this topic again in earnest real soon, remember what I said too.

Not sure if Crush is significantly better, but without a doubt, he is better.

Is that worth an elevated risk of injury? Not sure. I think I would play Davis in RF and Trumbo at 1b based on what I have seen.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta wonder whether it is possible to EVER please some people.

The team is loaded with maulers.

A leadoff hitting LF with an OBP nearing 50% fell from the sky like a gift from the baseball Gods.

Maybe I'm totally missing something but, uh... who is that?

Trumbo's defense in RF is not good. He seems like a winner. Great bat, great guy, great attitude.

However, he is a big liability in RF.

I much rather see Davis out there but not sure with what they are paying Davis, that will happen.

What say you?

Funny when we signed Fowler and had Kim we thought we had OF squared away and now we are back to lots of ? marks, at least defensively.

Do you think Davis will see play in the OF?

Will they go with Trumbo do or die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Trumbo that bad? I don't see CD in RF.

He is not a good RF option. His defensive value might hurt his overall value quite a bit. The worry is (once again) a bunch of holes in the OF aside from Adam Jones. Surprise.
I really don't think Rickard is a hole in the OF nor would Avery be.

If I'm Buck I'm DHing Trumbo v LHP, so that's about 50 G less than a full season in RF. Judging by his past innings in RF he would probably be worth about -6 R in the field. Not devastating IMO.

I don't think you see a lefty once every three games, closer to one every five. So that would be about 30 less games and he will get removed in the eighth or ninth inning in most games against righties. I expect him to get a fair amount of days off too. Overall I expect him to be in the field about 3/4 of the time if his bat can justify it.

Any injuries to Alvarez and Davis of course, and Trumbo is out of right field.

I don't think you see a lefty once every three games, closer to one every five. So that would be about 30 less games and he will get removed in the eighth or ninth inning in most games against righties. I expect him to get a fair amount of days off too. Overall I expect him to be in the field about 3/4 of the time if his bat can justify it.

Any injuries to Alvarez and Davis of course, and Trumbo is out of right field.

Last year it was 117 v RH SP and 45 v LH SP. So about 1/3 of the time. And Alvarez is terrible v LHP.

Archived