Fangraphs: Gonzalez Three Ways

weams

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/three-ways-to-talk-about-miguel-gonzalez/

The other day, in a spring-training game against the Braves, Miguel Gonzalez was basically pitching for his rotation slot. That might?ve been surprising enough, given how much Gonzalez has meant to the Orioles in the past, but he did have a rough 2015 and a rougher month of March. Anyhow, Gonzalez went five innings, allowing a run with no walks and four strikeouts. The results were solid, even if they could?ve been worse. Yet Gonzalez still got released. Something just wasn?t good enough, and the Orioles decided to go with other options.

Pay your Plus dues and we might listen - else - talking to the hand brah! :slytf:

I never meant it that way Bob. I usually post some Fangraphs stuff for the metrically inclined contingent. It just happens to contain Miggy.

I never meant it that way Bob. I usually post some Fangraphs stuff for the metrically inclined contingent. It just happens to contain Miggy.

I didnt take it that way either.

I wasn't trying to be overly critical, but we already had a couple of other threads going on, and had discussed this subject in depth.

IMO, just thought another thread, we would just rehash, what we already had one.

I didnt take it that way either.

I wasn't trying to be overly critical, but we already had a couple of other threads going on, and had discussed this subject in depth.

IMO, just thought another thread, we would just rehash, what we already had one.

After folks who got tired of those other retreads get to see this, I'll merge it. I do not expect much commentary. It's worth a read though.

Yeah, I mean this was obvious to any Oriole fan who's been following Gonzo. The guy lost his fastball, straight up. If you go back and watch highlights of him in 2012, you will be amazed at what you see. It's a totally different pitcher.

Which is why some time at AAA, wasn't going to help either.

Which is why some time at AAA, wasn't going to help either.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have officially given Miguel Gonzalez his unconditional release. He cleared release waivers and is now free to sign with any club.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">April 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived