vs. TWINS, 4/04 (Opening Day)

OFFNY

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it'd wayyyyyy to early, and I don't ever want to be THAT guy, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't worried about wieters being a black hole in the middle of a very potent lineup.

Both k's were really good ABs. Today doesn't worry me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well, at least we have cringeworthy MASN commercials praising our foes. And Darren O'Day. Ya can't have it all, folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dioner Navarro. Brian Matusz. The immovable object vs the unstoppable force. White Sox. Orioles. Watch the epic battle on MASN!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• No…no one is good. Coloumbe is our best guy but he’s out. Btw, the first batter has a 514 OPs vs Kimbrel, so I think the first batter thing is in your head.
    • I couldn't watch the last inning. Was sure Kimbrel didn't have two in a row in him. Glad I was wrong but it got a little dicey. We need pen help this year - particularly for the late innings. Elias has all off season to construct next year's pen around I HOPE a healthy Mountain. My opinion, for next year I'd rather spend on starting pitching and extentions if possible, than bring Kimbrel back.
    • I hadn't realized how well he has turned his season around.  Interestingly, he's done it without striking out a prodigious number of guys (9.6 and 9.8 K/9 the last two months).  I do think he's a credible target at this point.
    • Ha. I agree, the other options aren't good. I'm just thinking... whoever pitched the 8th, leave them in for the leadoff guy? 
    • Did you not notice the part where Scott’s walks keep trending down this year after a terrible start?    14 walks in his last 30 IP.   5 walks in his last 16.   Very similar to last year as he got better and better. As far as the cost, I wouldn’t do Povich but I would probably do Bradfield.   With Cowser’s ability to play CF plus the emergence of Etzel (playing CF more and more at Bowie even with Fabian there), plus Bradfields ok not great season-to-date. I have no idea if Scott can be had for less or if another team bids more.  
    • Cano?  WTF? There is no one else better than Kimbrel in this current pen. In fact, no one is even close imo.
    • I’ve never heard a louder stadium than when I was in Houston for the 9 inning rally last week. Indoors so the noise was trapped. It was pandemonium. 
  • Popular Contributors