Jones has harsh words for fans that booed Kim

FanSince88

What a wild turn this thread has taken. The Orioles' decision to try to send Kim to the minors, and later to bench him, has nothing to do with racism. It's preposterous to think that even factored into the equation. He performed very poorly in spring training and there are a myriad of reasons to doubt both his current preparedness to face major league pitching and his long term potential as a big leaguer. He was thoroughly outplayed by Rickard in spring training. I don't see why racism is even being discussed.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I'm the only one that thinks it's hypocritical to applaud Kim for exercising his rights and rip the fans for exercsising theirs? I think Kim should have gone to the minors. Would I have booed? No, but I can understand that some people feel Kim put his own interests before the team

I think he should've gone to the minors, because unless he thinks Rickard is going to fall flat on his face, his best chance to play was to go the minors and terrorize pitchers he probably thinks he's better than. I don't really see what he gains by sitting on the bench 4 -5 days a week.

So quick to stick up for racism, you are.

They seceded from the union to protect slavery, and up until 50 years ago denied people the right to vote based on skin color. Yeah, I don't like those people.

I really should not respond to this.

But you do realize that not everyone from Alabama is a racist, right? In fact the vast majority of folks who live there aren't.

And you do realize the silliness of you lumping an entire group of people together while decrying a post that you perceived to be doing the same thing, right?

So I guess I can't drive for a couple hours and expect good behavior. For those of you who are knew, or just new to posting, We do not allow any discussion of politics or even discussion of social injustice here. And I do not appreciate that it has been brought into what I found to be an interesting discussion about team dynamics.

What a wild turn this thread has taken. The Orioles' decision to try to send Kim to the minors, and later to bench him, has nothing to do with racism. It's preposterous to think that even factored into the equation. He performed very poorly in spring training and there are a myriad of reasons to doubt both his current preparedness to face major league pitching and his long term potential as a big leaguer. He was thoroughly outplayed by Rickard in spring training. I don't see why racism is even being discussed.

Let me be clear, I will not accept any posts that deal with any subject other than Adam being disjointed with the fans here. No other issues.

Archived