Jimenez changed his windup

Dark Helmet

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ubaldo is the story tonight. Not Rickard, not Manny. He survived being squeezed for the first 2-3 innings and settled down. 7 innings, 9 strikeouts, and no walks on a cold April night. Not a single pitch that he threw went straight. He was moving it from corner to corner. That was a gutsy outing. Great job, Ubaldo.

I'll take that start from every starter for the next 159 games.

Edit:

I saw him get squeezed on the inside corner on both sides a few times early in the game. He could have had 10-11 k's.

It's pretty funny to open this thread for the first time after the game and read the first page. It ended up being s very encouraging outing. I'm glad the O's came back and didn't waste his effort.

Correct. 7 innings and 9 strikeouts is great, but the most encouraging thing is ZERO walks. Every single pitch had late movement.

It's pretty funny to open this thread for the first time after the game and read the first page. It ended up being s very encouraging outing. I'm glad the O's came back and didn't waste his effort.

Do the same thing with the game thread. You can read about how it's bad Ubaldo, he sucks, it's not out night, this is going to be a terrible inning, it's 2015 all over again, etc.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Do the same thing with the game thread. You can read about how it's bad Ubaldo, he sucks, it's not out night, this is going to be a terrible inning, it's 2015 all over again, etc.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

There was a thread yesterday complaining the O's had given up a run and another after the O's had won. Even when they win, some people find ways to be upset. That isn't healthy, I'll take wins any way possible.

There was a thread yesterday complaining the O's had given up a run and another after the O's had won. Even when they win' date=' some people find ways to be upset. That isn't healthy, I'll take wins any way possible.[/quote']

That thread has been deleted.

It was started by a 2-red pip poster who was trolling.

Hey, Ubaldo shut me up pretty much as soon as I started this thread. I'll take it. Great job hanging in there Ubaldo. Starters are 2-0 with a sub 2 ERA through 3 games.

And the starters would probably be 3-0 if not for the opening day rain that chased Tillman.

Ubaldo started out rather shakily (is that a word?). I thought that it might be one of those nights. But Ubaldo got it together and mowed down the Twins. 7 IP, 9 Ks, ZERO walks! This is NOT the 2014 Ubaldo, not at all. And he deserved the win. Keep going, Ubaldo!

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :smile11::clap:

When Ubaldo was "on", it often looked to me like there was no way the batter could pick up the ball until after Ubaldo released it, so if he could just keep that motion up and get ahead of batters, he could be a dominant pitcher. But he's got to be consistent.

Gave up a solo HR to a great hitter and an unearned run because of an extremely tricky play our normally elite defense wasn't able to make. No walks. More than a K per inning. It's not like we're not going to let anybody on base ever. LOL

Standards are getting pretty high around here these days, and it's not just this thread. I'm teasing the OP, but this knee-jerk mentality around here is an epidemic. Watch the whole game, or at least the whole outing.

Ubaldo is the story tonight. Not Rickard, not Manny. He survived being squeezed for the first 2-3 innings and settled down. 7 innings, 9 strikeouts, and no walks on a cold April night. Not a single pitch that he threw went straight. He was moving it from corner to corner. That was a gutsy outing. Great job, Ubaldo.

I'll take that start from every starter for the next 159 games.

Edit:

I saw him get squeezed on the inside corner on both sides a few times early in the game. He could have had 10-11 k's.

Sometimes, the best time to hit a starter is the first inning or two, once they get going in a groove, its lights out.

Ubaldo started out rather shakily (is that a word?). I thought that it might be one of those nights. But Ubaldo got it together and mowed down the Twins. 7 IP, 9 Ks, ZERO walks! This is NOT the 2014 Ubaldo, not at all. And he deserved the win. Keep going, Ubaldo!

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :smile11::clap:

Maybe Bordick was right after all! :):):)

Archived