Machado Underrated?

Todd-O

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would offer him 10/300 right now.

Yea that's not going to cut it right now. The O's have no leverage. He's got 5 million in the bank for this year. He's betting on himself. If he starts having seasons 1.000 OPS he's going to want a lot more than 10/300. I'm talking maybe 15/400.

I agree. The best players deserve to make the most money though. When guys like Nick Markakis can pull in 15 million a year it makes sense for a guy like Harper to get 50 million a year.

It doesn't make sense that any one player should be claiming that much of the team's payroll. You want to talk about not being a team player? Only caring about your bank account and not caring at all how it affects the

team so long as you've got your money is pretty selfish. It's stuff like this that makes me wish baseball had a salary cap.

It doesn't make sense that any one player should be claiming that much of the team's payroll. You want to talk about not being a team player? Only caring about your bank account and not caring at all how it affects the

team so long as you've got your money is pretty selfish. It's stuff like this that makes me wish baseball had a salary cap.

From that perspective Wieters is selfish as well. A marginal player shouldn't suck up 16 million dollars in team payroll.

From that perspective Wieters is selfish as well. A marginal player shouldn't suck up 16 million dollars in team payroll.

Well, Wheat was a QO. It wasn't some contract the Orioles negotiated with him. I don't agree with that, either. I blame the QO system more than Wheat for that.

Matt Wieters is getting 16 million this season. And he's not even that good of a ballplayer. Does Machado deserve to blow him away salary wise? You damn right. Guy is thinking big. If I'm him I setting a hard line at 400 million plus.

This is exactly where it's at. Wrap your head around it cause that's where we are at. I think our best bet is to shoot for an extension getting us through his 28th birthday. Of course if I'm him, I get a good chuckle at that.

Matt Wieters is getting 16 million this season. And he's not even that good of a ballplayer. Does Machado deserve to blow him away salary wise? You damn right. Guy is thinking big. If I'm him I setting a hard line at 400 million plus.

Your going overboard. He will make a lot and probably have opt outs but he has an injury history to factor in as well.

If someone offered you a 360% payrwise at your company I don't think anyone would consider you selfish for accepting.

Archived