Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

Trumbo looked very uncomfortable in LF yesterday. Hopefully he stays in RF. Maybe Buck believes Fenway is harder to play in Right? He just looked so unsure of himself on every flyball yesterday. Kim didnt look very comfortable at LF in Camden on Sunday either.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trumbo looked very uncomfortable in LF yesterday. Hopefully he stays in RF. Maybe Buck believes Fenway is harder to play in Right? He just looked so unsure of himself on every flyball yesterday. Kim didnt look very comfortable at LF in Camden on Sunday either.

Nobody looks comfortable their first couple games in left at Fenway.

Remember, when Trumbo came up, everyone said he was the next Paul Konerko. It was meant as a compliment, but Konerko was a very slow first baseman. So, everyone assumed Trumbo was also strictly a slow 1st baseman.

His defense so far reminds me of Nelson Cruz. Someone you tolerate out there for his bat. There are a number of players that can't field at all so have to play DH. Speaking of LFers at Fenway I don't think he is Henley or Manny bad out there, yet!

I mentioned in a game thread that he looks and plays exactly like Aubrey Huff.

That seems like a good comparison. Now if he calls Baltimore a "horsepoop" town, that would really be something! Trumbo needs to keep hitting like this to justify his poor defense, much like Huff. He's not terrible, but he doesn't look good.

I mentioned in a game thread that he looks and plays exactly like Aubrey Huff.

I remember that comment and this was my answer:

661 PA, 32 HR, 108 RBI, .304/.360/.552, .912 OPS, 137 OPS+

...if we can get that out of Trumbo this year we'll be ecstatic. That was Aubrey Huff's 2008 stat line with the Orioles. He won a Silver Slugger that year at DH.

Yes. Good call.

He had a great read on that one:) He literally had no idea where the ball was, sigh. Yet people told me he will be fine. Defend Oriole decisions regardless of logic or observation. He's subpar defensively in the OF no matter how you spin it OH. He should be playing 1b with Davis in RF as I said at the start of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived