Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know everybody's loving him right now cause we're 7-0 and he's hitting .480, but his defense is B-A-D out there.

I said it two months ago, and I'm sticking to it:

Davis is noticeably/appreciably a better outfielder.

And flipping the two going forward is something I'd very much be contemplating if I was Buck.

I know everybody's loving him right now cause we're 7-0 and he's hitting .480, but his defense is B-A-D out there.

And flipping the two going forward is something I'd very much be contemplating if I was Buck.

Davis is killing it at 1B. Trumbo is not so bad, and Davis is not so good at OF, to take Davis off of his best position. If anything, Trumbo should slide to DH and Pedro should sit on the bench for a while, especially LHPs.

At this point I'm not doing it, but if he continues misplaying a ball every night, which he has pretty much done all season, then I very well might.

Everybody's saying he's not been bad. Yes, he has. He's been way worse than any other COF I can think of that we've ran out there consistently over the last few years. Including Cruz. Including Davis.

It's being masked cause we're 7-0, and he's hitting .480. If we'd lost yesterday 5-4 because he gave away 2 runs w his glove, people would be singing a different tune.

Not a very good defender, but what are you gonna do? It's a way to get everyone in the lineup. I'm of the opinion that his offense will more than offset any of the defensive weaknesses.

A brilliant idea by DD to bring this guy in the AL East. These parks are just made for a hitter like Trumbo.

How many errors has Davis saved this week? About a dozen! There's no way he moves off of 1B.

I think the only person in the organization with the smallest threat of moving Trumbo out of the outfield is Christian Walker.

At this point I'm not doing it, but if he continues misplaying a ball every night, which he has pretty much done all season, then I very well might.

Everybody's saying he's not been bad. Yes, he has. He's been way worse than any other COF I can think of that we've ran out there consistently over the last few years. Including Cruz. Including Davis.

It's being masked cause we're 7-0, and he's hitting .480. If we'd lost yesterday 5-4 because he gave away 2 runs w his glove, people would be singing a different tune.

Twinkle toes delmon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uu

Personally, I don't think trumbo is nearly as bad defensively as some of our "fans" are making him out to be.

He's certainly no GG'er, but he's also not below average in my opinion. He's got a really good arm and has made most all of the plays he is supposed to make.

Also, that homer seemed longer than 416 to me. I thought it was about 450 to the very top of that scoreboard.

Why is the word "fans" in quotes? Is it your view that "true" fans can't have criticisms of their players? That's BS. I defend the right of any passionate fan to have a negative opinion of a player or some aspect of the team he/she roots for. And while I wasn't overly critical of Trumbo's defense before the year started, in my opinion there are certainly signs in the first 7 games that he's well below average in the OF. Feeling that way doesn't make me any less of an Oriole fan.

Trumbo has been impressive. Anybody complaining about Clevenger for him? As far as the OF is concerned, it will take on a different look once AJ returns. Rickard didn't take charge on that pop fly to center two games ago. AJ would have had that easily. Flaherty looked lost out there yesterday, Kim may have been better, Reimold for sure.You have in some ways three "rookie" outfielders out there, it can look unsettling at times. Some will call even an average performance by Trumbo substandard.

Trumbo has been impressive. Anybody complaining about Clevenger for him? As far as the OF is concerned, it will take on a different look once AJ returns. Rickard didn't take charge on that pop fly to center two games ago. AJ would have had that easily. Flaherty looked lost out there yesterday, Kim may have been better, Reimold for sure.You have in some ways three "rookie" outfielders out there, it can look unsettling at times. Some will call even an average performance by Trumbo substandard.

Ive seen the very best OFers have issues playing the OF in Boston, it happens.

You don't make season long assessment of their play, based on this one stadium.

Archived