For crying out loud, can MLB please implement an electronic strike zone already?

weams

I can't stand Ortiz, but that ump has to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This goes back to the talk a lot of us had on here during spring training. As an ACC level umpire I can tell you if you say something like Ortiz did about strike 2 you better be swinging next pitch. It didn't matter where that pitch was ifi t hit the catchers glove Ortiz was going down on strikes. Shocked he didn't swing.

This goes back to the talk a lot of us had on here during spring training. As an ACC level umpire I can tell you if you say something like Ortiz did about strike 2 you better be swinging next pitch. It didn't matter where that pitch was ifi t hit the catchers glove Ortiz was going down on strikes. Shocked he didn't swing.

Thank you for letting us know how Umpires cheat again.

He should have ejected Ortiz after how he reacted to the strike two call.

He's been getting away with arguing strikes and balls his entire career and nothing is ever done. I'm surprised he got ejected at all.

Did you see where Ortiz says he hasn't complained about ball/strike calls in a long time?

So I guess all that jaw flapping he does every time an ump makes a strike call against him is just his sharing recipes for fondue.

He lies about so many things. But with his big smile, his fan base believe them as truths.

How about this as a compromise proposal: allow each team to make a list of up to 5 (or some other number) umpires that it does not want behind the plate. This wouldn't eliminate human error, but would at least give teams a chance to strike the umpires they feel are the most biased or incompetent.

If one or two guys are on every team's list...that would tell you something about whether they should be behind the plate.

Teams will have a natural incentive to be very conservative in their nominations because if they ever need to nominate a different guy, they would have to take an umpire off their list, and they would inevitably have to play with an umpire knowing he had been stricken. This isn't a move you would make after one bad game.

This is an interesting article examining things like steroids and pitchfx and shows pretty definitively that both are responsible for killing the offense in baseball. This quest for "perfection" will continue to kill baseball and all

this micromanagement and open heart surgery that so many people think is better for the game actually isn't better at all. I don't want a "perfect" strike zone at the expense of a further decline in offense.

This is an interesting article examining things like steroids and pitchfx and shows pretty definitively that both are responsible for killing the offense in baseball. This quest for "perfection" will continue to kill baseball and all

this micromanagement and open heart surgery that so many people think is better for the game actually isn't better at all. I don't want a "perfect" strike zone at the expense of a further decline in offense.

Oops, added the link.

Last night, after I went to bed, the Orioles benefitted from two terrible strike calls. Obviously this was set up by Escobar arguing balls and strikes earlier in the game. Looked like a clear retaliation call when Escobar came up again in the 9th with the game on the line, leading to his ejection. Then the ump reinforced the point by giving Zach a strike on Trout.

Skip to 1:13 to see Wieters's homer, with the pitches in question to follow.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v725046283/52116-wieters-belts-goahead-home-run-in-the-9th/?game_pk=447503