For crying out loud, can MLB please implement an electronic strike zone already?

weams

Yeah. As in, I made the thread. It's my thread. Not I make the thread, then somebody shoehorns an old post to the top and claims it's theirs. I mean look, the thread still has my thread title and it still says Weams made the thread. I know fishy stuff happens on this forum all the time, but damn.

Does it matter? At all? No. This is a discussion board. If you want to discuss a topic, bring it up. It gets discussed, everyone wins. Who's keeping score?

Why would an old thread that nobody posted in get merged with my newer thread that many people posted in? You want to act like an expert so explain that one.

Who cares? The discussion is what matters. No one cares or remembers who starts the threads. Seriously, who cares? You're going to argue with the mods over this? He asked you to PM him, so why continue the discussion here and derail the thread?

Morgan423 said:

Does it matter? At all? No. This is a discussion board. If you want to discuss a topic, bring it up. It gets discussed, everyone wins.

Who's keeping score ???

o

I am.

OFFNY llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - 6 Awesome Threads

WEAMS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - 3 Awesome Threads

ba9oriole llllllllllllll - 2 Awesome Threads

o

Enough with the conspiracy theories. Sometimes threads on similar topics get merged. When that happens, whoever posted the earlier thread is listed as the thread starter. That's how the forum platform is designed.

Also, as far as I know, nobody gets bonus points for starting a popular thread, so I'm not sure what you mean by "credit."

In the future, if you have any questions about the platform or moderation, please PM the moderators.

I think it would be great if merged threads somehow gave credit to all OPs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't want any "human element" from the umpires. Let the "human element" come exclusively from the players. Their mistakes are part of the game, not the umpires'. I repeat, the umpires' mistakes are not part of the game. They are always bad to the game, even if unavoidable. The worst part here is that they are avoidable. The technology is available to avoid them, and it's puzzling, to say the least, why it's not being used.

The human element allows the MLB to manage the game by controlling the size of the strike zone to suite current perceptions about the game. E.g they want he umpires to stop calling the low strike so they can continue to raise the offensive numbers. Chicks still dig the long ball. Ca Ching!

The human element allows the MLB to manage the game by controlling the size of the strike zone to suite current perceptions about the game. E.g they want he umpires to stop calling the low strike so they can continue to raise the offensive numbers. Chicks still dig the long ball. Ca Ching!

I think we have a winner.