For crying out loud, can MLB please implement an electronic strike zone already?

weams

I didn't think it was close. But I guess I shouldn't say it's worst I ever saw. I am sure there are and will be worse.

It was clearly on the black and close enough to knee level that he shouldn't have taken it. It was very close. It wasn't even that bad a call and certainly not a pitch you take with two strikes.

It was clearly on the black and close enough to knee level that he shouldn't have taken it. It was very close. It wasn't even that bad a call and certainly not a pitch you take with two strikes.
Joe Angel totally disagrees with you. Did you have a better view of it?

I rewound it several times. AND from the overhead view (not dissimilar from the radio booth angle) it looked about two inches outside. So I agree with Joe Angel. The MASN box had it outside of the box as well.

I've given too much rep so hit this man with a greenie.

Yes, Palmer said as much when we saw the overhead view of the pitch. It was clearly on the black of the plate which was not consistent with what K zone showed. The edge of the ball was both on the black and at the

knees. It could have gone either way, but it was way too close to take.

I rewound it several times. AND from the overhead view (not dissimilar from the radio booth angle) it looked about two inches outside. So I agree with Joe Angel. The MASN box had it outside of the box as well.

I've given too much rep so hit this man with a greenie.

I guess Palmer was wrong too, then? He went on about it for a few seconds about how the edge of the ball touched the black. If it touches the black, it can't be two inches outside.

What dud the pitch fx show?

It showed it low and away, but the ball was very close to the point on the edge in that corner of the strike zone. The overhead showed the ball barely touch the black, but it did touch and Palmer noted as much.

Like I said, it really could have gone either way, but it was too close to take with two strikes.

I guess Palmer was wrong too, then? He went on about it for a few seconds about how the edge of the ball touched the black. If it touches the black, it can't be two inches outside.

And then on the replay he changed his mind when he saw the last view (and I posted the pic just above). "Here's the definitive ... It's a ball. It's very close."

Keep in mind, I'm watching the game about 3 hours later than the rest of you. I only saw it a few minutes ago and rewound and rewound. I usually am pissed at Davis when he takes a 3rd strike, but that was not a strike.

Edited by NashLumber

And then on the replay he changed his mind when he saw the last view (and I posted the pic just above). "Here's the definitive ... It's a ball. It's very close."

I see it brush the black in the photos you showed, but I still say it's too close to take. He said it didn't touch the black? It's low if it's anything and it might be. Even on that fourth picture of the pitch FX, the "3" circle

is both in line with the outside corner line on the pitch FX (on the black) and like 1/4th of the ball is above the knees. Strike two was on the black as well. Two and three are the same pitch as far as the outside corner

goes, but the third was lower.

You and I are apparently genetically fated to disagree. Always. Go forth young feller.

It seems so. I'm not sure what you think that black line that goes along the outside edge of the plate is if it's not the black of the plate, though. The ball brushes that black line. I can't see how you say it's two inches

off the black.

I see it brush the black in the photos you showed, but I still say it's too close to take. He said it didn't touch the black? It's low if it's anything and it might be. Even on that fourth picture of the pitch FX, the "3" circle

is both in line with the outside corner line on the pitch FX (on the black) and like 1/4th of the ball is above the knees. Strike two was on the black as well. Two and three are the same pitch as far as the outside corner

goes, but the third was lower.

He equivocated. He said "If an ump thinks it touched the black, then he's going to call you out and I think this was the case." But he said it was a ball after the overhead view. He was referring to the ump's opinion. Not the pitch.