Pressures on Wright as no one wants to be sent down to make room for Gausman

wildcard

If it is he will be back up in 10 days. It could be part of a plan to keep his workload reasonable.

Fair point. I didn't realize he's already at 9 IP.

Our bullpen is getting killed. SP better figure something out, or the whole staff will collapse.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching how they yo-yo'd Gausman for a few years its hard for me to think that if Wright has a poor outing he would stay. It would be in character for the O's to sent him down in that case.

If Wright shines today then Buck and Dan have a very tough decision to make IMO.

Did you not see where Britt said it's a RP?

Fair point. I didn't realize he's already at 9 IP.

Our bullpen is getting killed. SP better figure something out, or the whole staff will collapse.

It might be possible to juggle a group of four to five multiple inning guys between Norfolk and Baltimore. With five basically one inning guys (Brach, Givens, Matusz, O'Day, Britton) they need to.

Did you not see where Britt said it's a RP?

This is what I saw in Britt's blog:

Showalter said of rotation plans without Yovani Gallardo, who went on the DL prior to the game. "We're down to eight in the bullpen so somebody's got to go on Monday [for Kevin Gausman], right?

So if Wright does poorly and is sent down, Worley or McFarland come out for the pen and into the rotation. All Buck really said is someone has to go on Monday. He didn't say who.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No, they'll send out a reliever. <a href="https://t.co/Pb1oLNHAx6">https://t.co/Pb1oLNHAx6</a></p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="
">April 24, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is what I saw in Britt's blog:

So if Wright does poorly and is sent down, Worley or McFarland come out for the pen and into the rotation. All Buck really said is someone has to go on Monday. He didn't say who.

Here you go.

I would have sent down McFarland yesterday. Starts his 10 day clock quicker. Then decide whether to send down Givens for Gausmsan and bring TJM sooner for Gallardo or just swap Gausman for Gallardo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does he have to stay down 10 days with Gallardo's injury?

Does he have to stay down 10 days with Gallardo's injury?

They used Matusz for Gallardo. If they send McFarland down for Gausman, his click starts on Monday.

They know McF can't give them anything for a couple of days anyway. So send him down for Matusz. Then on Monday decide if you want to send Givens down and then bring McFarland back early for Gallardo. Or just do Gausman for Gallardo and have TJM's clock start two days earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Wright has made Buck and Dan's job harder. After 5 innings Wright has allowed one run. That is better results than Tyler Wilson had last night and Buck declared Wilson would stay in the rotation. That should allow Mike to keep his spot in the rotation.

Now the O's have to decide who is optioned. McFarland or Givens?

Mike Wright has made Buck and Dan's job harder. After 5 innings Wright has allowed one run. That is better results than Tyler Wilson had last night and Buck declared Wilson would stay in the rotation. That should allow Mike to keep his spot in the rotation.

Now the O's have to decide who is optioned. McFarland or Givens?

Two runs after 6 IP. He hung a slider to Hosmer on an 0-1 pitch. Too bad, too, the pitch before was a swing and miss at a well located 84 mph CH.

Archived